Need Some Help Guys

NashSS

Well I went to leave this morning to go to the bank and the damn truck wouldnt start. I had battery power to turn on headlights, stereo w/subwoofer, and to roll down windows so I didn't know what the hell the problem was. So we started to push it back to see if by slight chance it was the battery not having enough to crank the big ol v8 so we got halfway down the driveway in neutral by the way and then i stopped and put it in park and then tried it again and the damn thing fired up. its like it wasnt reading it in park or something. but the truck started to i moved it. parked it. and then tried it again and it fired right up. anyone know what would cause this cause it pissed off so much this morning and I was ****ing yelling at the tops of my ****ing lungs cuz it pissed me off so bad. so any helpful info would be nice so the next time I encounter this I know what to do and stay calm cuz this truck is my pride and joy and it pissed me off to no end. Sorry for the rant guys. :rant:

edit: also when I tried to start it the first time it wouldnt click or anything and I did try to turn the steering wheel to either side and I did try to go from reverse to park thinking it wasnt reading it in park and I also tried closing the door locking and unlocking the truck and everything making sure it wasnt still reading it locked and disabled or something and it is the factory security system.

Edited by NashSS (see edit history)

I know the older models had some screwy plug in security device under the dash but I've never looked to see if my SS has it. Anyway, sometimes those deals get dislodged or vibrate out a bit and it could have just been the way the truck was sitting. Just a thought. :dunno: The other day at the track, I was in a mad dash to fix my dipstick tube that had become loose (don't ask) and I went to start the truck and it just clicked. I turned the key off and tried again and it fired right up. Sometimes I think the computer is napping and takes a second to wake its ass up.