My Truck

BROOKS

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats what i mean what makes him say its not an SS

By the looks of the truck, it doesn't appear to be a "real" SS. I doesn't have the side cladding that SS's have. I would be rather odd to take the cladding off. But I guess anything is possible. I would be interested in seeing the title of the truck.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

Not loving the body kit, or the wheels. However the two tone is cool. What people said about the grill is that the center "piece" is chrome. Even though you have an aftermarket grille. No grille, (except custom made i assume) makes you get a whole new front clip. So the chrome is not on SS's but on VHO's. It could be four wheel drive with the 6.0

However the whole thing was painted so the guy couldve just wanted to have a chrome grill

Only way to know i suppose is with the vin. All in all welcome to the site hope you stick around

I like the two tone paint scheme, it makes it stand out. I'm not liking the colored wheels too much. Its not a true SS so I would ditch the SS emblems that are on there. I would also ditch the SS emblem that is on the front bumper area. Did anyone notice that also?

Well don't take this the wrong way but that's not a SSS; BUT great looking truck, I like it. :thumbs: Did the seller tell you it was a clone? Post up more pics and welcome to the forum :chevy:

Mr. P.

:withstupid: Look at the label is your glove box that has all the RPO codes on it, there should be a code on there that says "1SS" identifying the SS trim package. Also see if the 8th digit of your Vin# has an "N" identifying the 6.0L V8 (LQ9.........should be on the RPO label too). :chevy:

By the looks of the truck, it doesn't appear to be a "real" SS. I doesn't have the side cladding that SS's have. I would be rather odd to take the cladding off. But I guess anything is possible. I would be interested in seeing the title of the truck.

or the Vin #

I like the two tone paint scheme, it makes it stand out. I'm not liking the colored wheels too much. Its not a true SS so I would ditch the SS emblems that are on there. I would also ditch the SS emblem that is on the front bumper area. Did anyone notice that also?

OK...So I wasn't the first and only one.....

Well don't take this the wrong way but that's not a SSS; BUT great looking truck, I like it. :thumbs: Did the seller tell you it was a clone? Post up more pics and welcome to the forum :chevy:

Mr. P.

I didn't want to say it, but I don't think its an SS either. The chrome grill shell, no cladding, etc just seems to give it away to me. Maybe its is VHO?

EDIT, nvm listed as an '03, so it can't be a VHO.

Edited by KissMySilvSS (see edit history)

I didn't want to say it, but I don't think its an SS either. The chrome grill shell, no cladding, etc just seems to give it away to me. Maybe its is VHO?

VHOs did not come out until later; my guess was that it was either a kitted-up regular Silverado, or a theft-recovery SS, or just maybe the past owner liked the Joe Gibbs look better and sold-off the cladding when the truck was repainted... The reason I suspected it was a clone is that there is no cladding, there is a regular Silverado grille, and no Onstar/XM antennas and almost all 2003 SSS trucks were full-optioned so you would expect to see at least one roof nipple. Again no hard feelings here, I like the paint scheme a lot, very distinct truck. If it is a true AWD SS I would be very interested in the backstory just for the curiosity... I would do a couple things though, I would change the chrome handle "bucket" to white and still use the chrome handle or maybe a paint-matched blue handle. I would also go with a white grille instead of the cheapie Silverado chrome one and use a paint-matched blue bowtie. But that's small stuff, I like the truck and those mirrors are suhweeeet. I'd love to see more pics of the grille mesh inserts too...

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

What do you mean?..all 1/2 tons are 6 lug

No, there were some 8 lug Heavy 1500 trucks make for a while. I think they were all crew cabs though. What I am trying to say, is that if this truck in question is a 6.0, it is possibly a true SS. If it is not, then there was no other way to get a 6.0 in a 1500 6 lug truck. Also, if it is 4wd, or Auto Trac 4wd, it is not an SS.

We need to see more pics and a VIN number to confirm.

I agree with Mr.P, lose the chrome Buckets and grill. It will make the truck look that much better. And lose the SS emblems if it is not truly an SS.