Anybody Notice Oil Almost Hit $94 Yesterday?

SSThunder

The price of oil is crazy high right now for what ever reason. Gas jumped up $0.10 yesterday so it's back over $3 a gallon and the news said $3.50 to $4.00 a gallon is not far off :banghead: Glad to know since the SS is going to be my DD very soon. I'm considering keeping my beater. It's only a matter of time before the cost of everything else goes up. The interest rate is going to be cut so that means more money into oil since the dollar is so low and that means higher oil prices. :rant:

The picture is much much bigger my friends. Right now, the economy is seeing the worst housing slump in 17years. Consumer confidence is at a 15yr low. Job reports are dismal at best. The FOMC meeting tomorrow will dictate alot. It turns out inflation isnt the only enemy. If the Feds lower the fed rate tomorrow, it will increase the banks borrowing power and inject more money into the economy. The downside is that it will show weakness in the economy and oil will definetly go over $100/barrel. Also, it will devalue the american dollar more in the world market. This could actually be good in the long run because it will eventually lead to a reversal in the trade deficit between all countries except mexico. Imports will cost more while domestic goods will remain competitive. Meaning the $50k Mercedes will have to cost $60k at some point while the cadillac remains at $40k...hard to explain, but in the long run, these growing pains and economic adjustments will be good in the long run...trust me. The US is OK...not fantastic, but OK. God help us if a democratic congress and president gets into power, think we are in trouble now?

the only way hillary will get into office is if people VOTE for her... OMG... if she enters office she will be in there for at least 4 years... 2008 - 2012...

isnt the world supposed to end in 2012? Coincidence??? i think not...

:devil:

Edited by usabodyguard (see edit history)

OPEC'S increase in production has not taken place yet. They are falling behind the 8-ball. If they would have done what they promised we may be in a better position right now with oil prices. Also Oil prices are not in direct correlation with the prices of our gasoline.

true...the gas you put in the tank was paid for way before it hit your tank

Now only if the truth would get out to the American people, that gasoline is actually the by-product/waste product of refineing the crude oil.

Still, I won't give up the truck.

Sucks Gas

Hauls Ass

iam with you on that whole sucks gas ...hauls ass