Transmission Debate

I am fairly certain the awd ss's have the 4L60E but everyone on GMFS are saying all SS's have the 65E. I thought only the 2wd have the 65E???? I have searched and everything i found points to the awd having the 60E can some one clear this up?

Thanks

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought I would be confused about this...but I am now

so we have a 4L65e....but you did not have a 5 planetary gear set when you built your Trans Mr. P??? Interesting

I think that the 4L65e is made from pieces of the Bermuda Triangle...you dont know whats in there or what its capable of:)

I never thought I would be confused about this...but I am now

so we have a 4L65e....but you did not have a 5 planetary gear set when you built your Trans Mr. P??? Interesting

I think that the 4L65e is made from pieces of the Bermuda Triangle...you dont know whats in there or what its capable of:)

My truck came with a 4L65E (M32); the first transmission builder I had go through the unit charged me $500 to install 5-pinion planets when in-fact it already came with said parts - I got boned for $500.

Mr. P.

I thought Mr. P was wrong in his first couple of posts but I didn't dare correct the transmission master! :jester: I was told by my trans builder and many parts houses that the 60e and 65e are virtually the same and the parts are interchangeable for the most part.

AWD is the 4L65E. 2005-06 2WD is the 4L70E. Just slightly stronger versions of the 4L60E. Steve, do we need to go have a little "chat" with someoneabout your first build?

That's water long under the bridge my friend; the guy's out of business and flat broke, it would serve no good to confront or publicly humilate him about it.