What Annoys You About Your Truck?

00silverad0

Ok, so I saw this on GMFS I think a while ago. Guys were posting everything from their truck not running properly to dents, ding, etc. Post up something you dont like about your truck ie (not fast enough, sucks gas)

Heres my contribution. I bought the truck used 1) Guy was a smoker 2) Somehow the dash was peeling(can get pics later)3) guy backed into something before I bought it and moved the bumper 4) The guy who owned it somehow rubbed off the seat heating diagram on the drivers side so every time I wanna turn it on, I gotta look at the passenger side to figure which 1 is which. FINALLY, ITS NEVER GOING TO BE FAST ENOUGH!

Dont wanna sound like I dislike my truck, I love it very much but these are just some things that annoy me.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) lots of wind noise at highway speeds

2) I have this weird squeaking noise that seems to be coming from the front driver side. anyone know what it is?

3) something behind my lower driver side dash buzzes/vibrates at times

4) the leather wrinkles so easily

5) back seat is sooo small

I promise that the list of what I love is a lot longer, don't want anyone to think I'm a hater.

ES :flag:

Heres a pic of my dash , has anyone else ever experience this? Dealership CLAIMED they attempted to refinish it and it didnt work. THey also said they fixed the spedo and got the smoke smell out but those werent done either.

http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k88/rabb...dashresized.jpg

Heres a pic of my dash , has anyone else ever experience this? Dealership CLAIMED they attempted to refinish it and it didnt work. THey also said they fixed the spedo and got the smoke smell out but those werent done either.

http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k88/rabb...dashresized.jpg

armoral or tire shine on the dash can do that.

1) Front diff howling noise all the time.

2) How the hood looks like it is going to flop around and fly off above 70mph

3) Weak transmission

Thats pretty much it. I love everything else about it. 13 second ride for under $30k and can drive it year round? Sign me up.

Well, the truck has several major weaknesses -

1) braking SUCKS

2) transmission SUCKS

3) weatherstripping SUCKS

IMO these are things that GM should have designed right and cheaped-out. I've already addressed the first two issues in my own truck, the third I'll get to in time. I also am not happy with the suspension but that's not GM's fault, I know what I need to do there I just need to get it done.

Mr. P. :)

1. i have a rattle in my left door panel. had my window regulator replace under warranty when i bought my truck, something must have come loose.

2. rattle in dash

3. rubber under steering column rubs when i turn.

4. target for cops

5. doesn't have wings

Well, the truck has several major weaknesses -

1) braking SUCKS

2) transmission SUCKS

3) weatherstripping SUCKS

IMO these are things that GM should have designed right and cheaped-out. I've already addressed the first two issues in my own truck, the third I'll get to in time. I also am not happy with the suspension but that's not GM's fault, I know what I need to do there I just need to get it done.

Mr. P. :)

Mr. P. I think I have that same weatherstripping issue. The rear door on passenger howls with wind above 60. Any thoughts on how to correct it?

1) Front diff howling noise all the time.

2) How the hood looks like it is going to flop around and fly off above 70mph

3) Weak transmission

Thats pretty much it. I love everything else about it. 13 second ride for under $30k and can drive it year round? Sign me up.

Front end noise here too, both my Blue '04 and my current Black one have made the front end noise. I have replaced all of the bearings/races in my front diff and it still makes some noise, the average person can not hear it, but it drives me nuts sometimes. Ohh well, everything else is great! :thumbs:

Mr. P. I think I have that same weatherstripping issue. The rear door on passenger howls with wind above 60. Any thoughts on how to correct it?

I dunno but I've got a feeling I'm going to become a self-taught weatherstrip guru before long because damn this is bad! I just thought that it wasn't possible to seal a truck with suicide doors but I rode in a 5+ year old F150 and that thing didn't make a peep :mad: My ex-stepfather is a lifelong body man in Stockton CA, he will know what to do, I should call him...

Mr. P.

like my truck alot but,

1. GM leather sucks

2. Head liner is not lined up correctly ( can post pics will get it fixed by dealer prob..)

3. eats my wallet ( both gas and mods)

-Lance

:withstupid: Thats pretty much everything here, oh and the dreaded steering shaft clunk.......yeah I have

it now too. :banghead:

My headliner was cut too short, but you can hardly notice it, i'm gonna leave it alone. GM leather is delicate in the sense that you have to take diligent care of it or it turns to crap. And the money, well lets say its money well spent. :P

Still wouldn't trade my SSS for anything. :chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)