What Annoys You About Your Truck?

00silverad0

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno but I've got a feeling I'm going to become a self-taught weatherstrip guru before long because damn this is bad! I just thought that it wasn't possible to seal a truck with suicide doors but I rode in a 5+ year old F150 and that thing didn't make a peep :mad: My ex-stepfather is a lifelong body man in Stockton CA, he will know what to do, I should call him...

Mr. P.

There are times I actually check to confirm a window isn't open. Let us know if you find the solution to this conundrum.

I dunno but I've got a feeling I'm going to become a self-taught weatherstrip guru before long because damn this is bad! I just thought that it wasn't possible to seal a truck with suicide doors but I rode in a 5+ year old F150 and that thing didn't make a peep :mad: My ex-stepfather is a lifelong body man in Stockton CA, he will know what to do, I should call him...

Mr. P.

You can use a dollar bill or small piece of paper down between the door and the jamb with the door closed. Slide the bill from the front of the door all the way to the back side. If you find a spot with less resistance, you need more pressure on the weather stripping in that area. You can use beutel rubber or rubber cording inserted on the underside of the weather stripping to bring it out farther to seal better. On the front doors you can do it yourself with the window down, but you'll need a friend to do the back door.

Not sure if I've explained in words so that you could understand... Hummm, maybe I should post a video of it later tonight...

1) my 4.56 gears make a hell of a lot of noise between 40 - 50. obviously not inherent to the truck though

2) rattle in my left door panel

3) wind noise above 80 mph also from left door weatherstripping i assume

4) gm leather like everyone else says

other than those things its a great truck.

That fact that it is a Super Sport and we are basically in the same class of trucks as the titan, ram, and the tundra. And that we barely beat them in the quarter mile. Actually a stock Tundra will definatly give a stock SS a run for its money.

Phuckin' lame.

Front end noise here too, both my Blue '04 and my current Black one have made the front end noise. I have replaced all of the bearings/races in my front diff and it still makes some noise, the average person can not hear it, but it drives me nuts sometimes. Ohh well, everything else is great! :thumbs:

Are you talking about the humming noise?

1. I have some weird electrical buzz coming from that speaker looking thing in the headliner near the top of the door.

2. The oddly loud door chime that I wish I could turn off.

3. The fact that I can't figure out how to remove my airbags.

4. Why can't we tune the BCM??? WTF?

5. To slow but one of the best looking trucks on the road stock.

1. I have some weird electrical buzz coming from that speaker looking thing in the headliner near the top of the door.

2. The oddly loud door chime that I wish I could turn off.

3. The fact that I can't figure out how to remove my airbags.

4. Why can't we tune the BCM??? WTF?

5. To slow but one of the best looking trucks on the road stock.

there is a way to turn down the door chime. it's in your manual.

ES :flag:

That's a interior cab thermometer, tells the auto-climate control the temp inside the cab; there is a tiny electric motor that 'breathes' air into the sensor and these regularly get loud or go out.

Mr. P.

That's a interior cab thermometer, tells the auto-climate control the temp inside the cab; there is a tiny electric motor that 'breathes' air into the sensor and these regularly get loud or go out.Mr. P.
Thanks P. I was getting mildly worried about that.
there is a way to turn down the door chime. it's in your manual.ES :flag:
I've turned it down. I want it off!!!!