What size rims to use at the Strip?

GEAR M UP

Doesn't that give you a false sense of accomplishment? :wtf: I want my SS going down the track to feel just like when I am on the road. :P That way, I know what I can and cannot do with another vehicle on the road.

Is this misguided thinking on my part? :jester:

Doesn't that give you a false sense of accomplishment? :wtf: I want my SS going down the track to feel just like when I am on the road. :P That way, I know what I can and cannot do with another vehicle on the road.

That's my feeling on the subject also. I'm pretty well decided someday I'll get some 20" Centerlines. They don't look too bad, save about 16lbs per wheel, and I won't have to buy new tires. Plus they're only like $200 a piece.

Doesn't that give you a false sense of accomplishment?  :wtf:  I want my SS going down the track to feel just like when I am on the road.  :P  That way, I know what I can and cannot do with another vehicle on the road.

That's my feeling on the subject also. I'm pretty well decided someday I'll get some 20" Centerlines. They don't look too bad, save about 16lbs per wheel, and I won't have to buy new tires. Plus they're only like $200 a piece.

Ill be doing runs with both my stock tires and the tires from my 2000 silverado. :thumbs:

That's what I did and I can feel a little better acceleration and breaking with the lighter wheels, plus they look :cool:.

Doesn't that give you a false sense of accomplishment?   :wtf:  I want my SS going down the track to feel just like when I am on the road.   :P  That way, I know what I can and cannot do with another vehicle on the road.

Ill be doing runs with both my stock tires and the tires from my 2000 silverado. :thumbs:

Thats what I should be doing this weekend. Im also planning on using the stock wheels from my 2000 silverado

That's what I did and I can feel a little better acceleration and breaking with the lighter wheels, plus they look :cool:.

Come on, you know the rules. Gotta have the pics :D

Doesn't that give you a false sense of accomplishment?  :wtf:  I want my SS going down the track to feel just like when I am on the road.  :P  That way, I know what I can and cannot do with another vehicle on the road.

I put some 20" centerlines on recently. THe shop had a cheap bathroom scale to weigh the wheels. Probably not highly accurate, but the SS wheel was 38 pounds and the centerline was 31.5. Not as big of a weight savings as I'd hoped. That puts the stock tire near 40 pounds.

Archived