Need A Little Advice...

smoke03

Ok, there is a local car show going on this weekend to help support one of the local clubs at the technical school. Its nothin big so I figured i would put my truck in to help support them. (My truck Is no where near show worthy like some of the trucks on here) ANYWAY, on to my qeustion...

What are some of the little thing you guys do right before showing your truck and are there any little knick knack mods I can do without spending alot of money? All of my mods are in my sig with the exception of some tinted tails. Any advice would be appreciated!

No real tricks. Just clean and polish, clean and polish. I enter about 8-10 shows a year and almost always win something. Depends a lot on how the show is run. Some have judges and some let the spectators vote and some let only the entrants vote. Usually I do better in the ones where the spectators are allowed to vote or judges are used. In the shows that are voted on by the entrants, there seems to be alot of people voting for their friends so unless you know everyone you don't do as well.

Just go and have a good time. If you win something--great. If not--you had a good time.

The obvious thing is to clean it... completely... that means every nook and cranny gets some attention including the inside of the wheel hoops, the inner fenders, the engine bay, the undercarrige... EVERYTHING. Nothing detracts from a vehicle being judged at a show more than dirt.

On to the actual presentation.... if the show will be using the standardized show scoring method there are some key areas to address. Your hood MUST BE OPEN!! Even if its not super custom you will get points just for having it open. Thats not to say fully open... open enough to show inside, but semi-closed (if that makes sense) Your typical QD spray bottle used as a hood prop is usually the right height unless you have something cool to use like a part of a painted coil spring or something.

Same applies to your interior... either leave your windows 50% down or leave a door open. Even stock trucks get points for interiors.

Again, both of these areas are scored in the standard system and you get 0 points if they're not visible... you won't get much if they're stock, but you'll get a few which is better than nothing.

The obvious thing is to clean it... completely... that means every nook and cranny gets some attention including the inside of the wheel hoops, the inner fenders, the engine bay, the undercarrige... EVERYTHING. Nothing detracts from a vehicle being judged at a show more than dirt.

:withstupid: Well said Dylan :chevy:

I dont know how they vote, but when I have been at a show, just being at the truck talking to people and making sure they vote! you might be the only one in class whatever, but getting the people to vote is easy.

The guy that won was big time selling how nice his cameo was...

I dont know how they vote, but when I have been at a show, just being at the truck talking to people and making sure they vote! you might be the only one in class whatever, but getting the people to vote is easy.

The guy that won was big time selling how nice his cameo was...

Thats a good point... but it really depends on if its a participant voted decision or a point based/judge scored system. Almost all shows I go to use some form of judges/point system... but Cali does tend to take our car shows a little more seriously than most IMO.

On to the actual presentation.... if the show will be using the standardized show scoring method there are some key areas to address. Your hood MUST BE OPEN!! Even if its not super custom you will get points just for having it open. Thats not to say fully open... open enough to show inside, but semi-closed (if that makes sense) Your typical QD spray bottle used as a hood prop is usually the right height unless you have something cool to use like a part of a painted coil spring or something.

Same applies to your interior... either leave your windows 50% down or leave a door open. Even stock trucks get points for interiors.

Again, both of these areas are scored in the standard system and you get 0 points if they're not visible... you won't get much if they're stock, but you'll get a few which is better than nothing.

:withstupid::withstupid:

Good luck in the Show :thumbs:

done it but i havent bought the side cowl without the hole but i dont know where i can get one in 3 or 4 days.

gmpartsdirect.com

do a search for the antenna delete. the part number will be listed. I looked to see if I had my email invoice, but I didn't. it's pretty cheap too. you should be able to get it shipped quick. if not, take the part number to a dealer. you might get it faster that way. caddy, chevy, or gmc