• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turtle Wax Ice/Mothers/Meguiars aren't that bad, but I prefer 3M products, they used to sell them at PepBoys, but now I can only get them at auto body supply shops. As a lot here will agree, Zaino is awesome stuff too, but you can only buy it online. :chevy:

Ive used meguiars in the past and mother but between the two I would suggest mothers. Zaino is a lengthly process

Zaino is not a lengthy process if you use the All-in-One product. I don't have a ton of time to invest with waxing, and I was very pleased with the Zaino AIO. Looked good, and it took about an hour and a half (not including the wash / dry process).

Things to keep in mind:

There are different properties to a finish that will be accentuated by different products.

Carnubas add depth and a warm look to black, but offer very short term protecton.

Polymers and sealants offer long term protection, but more often than not leave the finish kind of flat looking, lacking any depth.

IMO you'd be best suited to decide which is more important: long term protection between applications or aesthetics.

If you're ambitious enough you can go with multi layered approach and apply a pure carnuba over the top of a polymer sealer... or the option of a blend product for a balance of the 2. Really I don't think there is any over the counter product that'll compete with specialty products available online, so don't limit yourself to the autoparts store selection.

The Carlisle All GM Nationals after a fresh coat of 3M Perfect It.....

post-9644-1194390448_thumb.jpg

I'm gonna try this stuff next year! Seeing how you have your silver ss looking like that with the 3m pefect it wax I'm to say the least impressed. I know silver or what just doesnt give off a good reflection like a medium to darker color does cuz ive waxed both my parents vehicles both white and my old monte which was silver and it is nothing compared to my blue ss or my black s10 i used to have. got any more pics? Id love to see more

I'm gonna try this stuff next year! Seeing how you have your silver ss looking like that with the 3m pefect it wax I'm to say the least impressed. I know silver or what just doesnt give off a good reflection like a medium to darker color does cuz ive waxed both my parents vehicles both white and my old monte which was silver and it is nothing compared to my blue ss or my black s10 i used to have. got any more pics? Id love to see more

1 coat of 3M Imperial Hand Glaze and 1 coat of 3M Pertect It Show Car Liquid Wax produced these results............here's a few more pics. :chevy:

wax2.jpg

wax3.jpg

DSCN0428.JPG