I did mine with Mother's California Gold Carnuba. We had the first cool snap this weekend, so I waxed down the truck. It's a pain in the butt to put on, but it's worth it. Later on when I get home, I'll post some photos of the truck afterwards.

The Carnuba is beautiful for a month. It protects longer, but after a month, you'll want to do it again. The finish looks great and feels amazing. I think my truck is faster afterwards.

The better half did her Corvette with that new Ice stuff. I thought it came out pretty good. It's hard to compare a white vehicle with older paint to two year old red.

The only downside is I can really see that legendary GM orangepeel now. Consider using a claybar. Whatever you do, buff by hand. Don't let anyone touch your ride with a machine buffer. Period!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did mine with Mother's California Gold Carnuba. We had the first cool snap this weekend, so I waxed down the truck. It's a pain in the butt to put on, but it's worth it. Later on when I get home, I'll post some photos of the truck afterwards.

The Carnuba is beautiful for a month. It protects longer, but after a month, you'll want to do it again. The finish looks great and feels amazing. I think my truck is faster afterwards.

The better half did her Corvette with that new Ice stuff. I thought it came out pretty good. It's hard to compare a white vehicle with older paint to two year old red.

The only downside is I can really see that legendary GM orangepeel now. Consider using a claybar. Whatever you do, buff by hand. Don't let anyone touch your ride with a machine buffer. Period!

Photos as promised....

post-12034-1194478167_thumb.jpg

post-12034-1194478190_thumb.jpg

If you want something that will last long, don't use meguiars, mothers, turtle wax etc....

Get yourself some Zaino Z5. IMO the Z5 looks the best on black paint. There is no need to buy the Z2.

A few coats of Z5 topped with Duragloss spray Aquawax

DSC01198.jpg

DSC01203.jpg

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

If you want something that will last long, don't use meguiars, mothers, turtle wax etc....

Get yourself some Zaino Z5. IMO the Z5 looks the best on black paint. There is no need to buy the Z2.

A few coats of Z5 topped with Duragloss spray Aquawax

DSC01198.jpg

DSC01203.jpg

Now thats nice. Your truck looks reall good!!

I'VE TRIED THEM ALL, MIQUIERS, MOTHERS, TURTLE, ZYMOL. THEN A GUY AT THE LOCAL DETAIL SHOP SAW MY BLACK VETTE AT THE TIME AND GAVE THIS GLAZE AND WAX FOR FREE AND SAID TRY THIS. YOU'LL NEVER USE NOTHIN ELSE AFTER THIS. SO WHAT I DID WAS I WANTED TO SEE WHICH SHINED BETTER, CLAIRITY ECT. I WAXED HALF MY HOOD WITH THIS NEW STUFF AND THE OTHERS ON THE OTHER HALF. EVEN THE MOST EXPENSIVE WAXS COULDNT COMPETE WITH THIS STUFF AND IT LASTS AND ITS SO EASY TO TAKE OFF ITS STUPID. WELL ITS MADE BY A COMPANY CALLED MALCO, THE GLAZE IS PLUM CRAZY AND THE WAX IS ENHANCER. ITS A COMMECIAL PRUDUCT AND IN EXPENSIVE. TRY IT YOULL LOVE IT

I'VE TRIED THEM ALL, MIQUIERS, MOTHERS, TURTLE, ZYMOL. THEN A GUY AT THE LOCAL DETAIL SHOP SAW MY BLACK VETTE AT THE TIME AND GAVE THIS GLAZE AND WAX FOR FREE AND SAID TRY THIS. YOU'LL NEVER USE NOTHIN ELSE AFTER THIS. SO WHAT I DID WAS I WANTED TO SEE WHICH SHINED BETTER, CLAIRITY ECT. I WAXED HALF MY HOOD WITH THIS NEW STUFF AND THE OTHERS ON THE OTHER HALF. EVEN THE MOST EXPENSIVE WAXS COULDNT COMPETE WITH THIS STUFF AND IT LASTS AND ITS SO EASY TO TAKE OFF ITS STUPID. WELL ITS MADE BY A COMPANY CALLED MALCO, THE GLAZE IS PLUM CRAZY AND THE WAX IS ENHANCER. ITS A COMMECIAL PRUDUCT AND IN EXPENSIVE. TRY IT YOULL LOVE IT

beta120.gif

is this stuff good dylan06ss? What do you know about Pulm Crazy. I heard of that stuff, but I don't know if anyone used it before?? Got any info about it since your the go to guy with detailing.. :thumbs:

Honestly I've never tried it so I can't give you any first hand opinion. I have read mixed reviews so I've been reluctant to drop the $$ just to try it out. B/C it is a hand glaze there are some things I can tell you to expect.

It WILL NOT remove swirls or scratches.... it will mask them, but not remove them.

Its intended (as glazes are) to be used after a polish... it is not a stand alone product.

The protection will be minimal. Glazes don't offer much in the way of lasting protection.

Honestly I've never tried it so I can't give you any first hand opinion. I have read mixed reviews so I've been reluctant to drop the $$ just to try it out. B/C it is a hand glaze there are some things I can tell you to expect.

It WILL NOT remove swirls or scratches.... it will mask them, but not remove them.

Its intended (as glazes are) to be used after a polish... it is not a stand alone product.

The protection will be minimal. Glazes don't offer much in the way of lasting protection.

Thanks for the info