Problem With Led Tails

so i just put my led tails in and one of them doesnt work...i tried switching the connectors but no go...the other one works but blinks too fast so I'm assuming I need some led load resistors...anyone know which resistors i need and where to get them?

Edited by Mad Max (see edit history)

I had the same problem with mine. I just kept switching around the way it plugs into the pigtail and finally got it working. The passenger side was the one giving me a problem and they were also ICPW

I had the same problem with mine. I just kept switching around the way it plugs into the pigtail and finally got it working. The passenger side was the one giving me a problem and they were also ICPW

mines passenger side too but ive switched the connectors in a thousand different combinations and still no luck...what about the blinking, did yours blink fast too?

Yes it did bllink fast. I did get it to work properly when I started messing with it though. This may be a dumb question but did you put the stock bulb in to make sure one of the front bulbs isnt burned up?

If you haven't already check the fuses under the hood, mine did the same thing and the tail light fuse had blown from me switching the plugs around on the lights.

You may have blown a fuse when you plugged them in wrong, so check the fuses then try again, if it doesnt work recheck the fuses and try a different way. Keep doing it until you get it right.

If you haven't already check the fuses under the hood

problem solved! :thumbs:

i double checked all the fuses for the passanger side in the cab but never thought to check under the hood :smash:

got them both working and slowed the blinking down as well without having to purchase the resistors but now the cruise control doesnt work :confused:

problem solved! :thumbs:

i double checked all the fuses for the passanger side in the cab but never thought to check under the hood :smash:

got them both working and slowed the blinking down as well without having to purchase the resistors but now the cruise control doesnt work :confused:

I am thinking about getting LED taillights. Where did you guys buy them from? Does it happen to all LED taillights? Or just from the the place you bought it?

Some of the common problems with Led tails is they are too low wattage to trip the flasher so they blink fast. Some things to do 1. If you have a Thermal flasher get a eletrical flasher it will solve it b/c the eletrical flasher is for low wattage. 2. Get a load resistor. Hope this helps when my bulbs come I post pics of the Halo LED brakelight s I got for my 98 Z71