$30 Grand For A Ss?

eric__kam

I paid $27.5 for my 05 back in July. It had 22k miles on it. It's under warranty. I bought it from Kendall Chevrolet here in Miami. I probably got whacked, but, in all fairness, they did give me $5k for my 99 2 door 2wd Tahoe with over 100k miles on it. Mine has every concievable option. I went in for an AC blower switch for the Tahoe and left with the Silverado SS. That was probably not the smartest thing to do. My point is, weigh the condition and the options and for God's sake don't go by the parts counter first!

If you search my profile, I recently posted a photo (of the truck). There's alot to be said for an unmolested vehicle, so you can molest it your way.

Edited by Radioshop (see edit history)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid $31K for my 06 brand new..they are trying to rape you.

damn Brad thats a really low price for a new one, definately cheaper then wat i got mine for. mine was 38K sticker i dropped them down to 35.5K than they still boned me on all the taxes here in cali but mine is fully loaded and was brand new when i got it so :dunno: .... but that seems too high of a price as everyone else allready said just keep lookin around and be patient u'll find a better at a better price if u just give it more time... good luck :thumbs:

-Rob

damn Brad thats a really low price for a new one, definately cheaper then wat i got mine for. mine was 38K sticker i dropped them down to 35.5K than they still boned me on all the taxes here in cali but mine is fully loaded and was brand new when i got it so :dunno: .... but that seems too high of a price as everyone else allready said just keep lookin around and be patient u'll find a better at a better price if u just give it more time... good luck :thumbs:

-Rob

The sticker price was 42.8K. They had 4 intimidators on the lot trying to get rid of, so I talked them down to 31K out the door.

I'm looking for a low mile (preferable under 30k) ss, also preferable in the Northwest. I found a few at dealerships but they all want around 30 grand? I phoned a few and talked to them and and they are pretty firm on their pricing, dropping 1 grand, even when I tell them that the blue book resale for them is around 5 grand less, they don't seem to care. Are people actually buying these trucks for their asking price? I'm confused.

I got my completely stock 05' SS with less than 9k on the odometer for 32k in Dec of 05', here in the northwest (Sumner, WA). They were asking $34,999. Seems a little steep to me for an 04', 2008 is around the corner. I would stick to around the blue book price.

-Rob

:withstupid: damn Brad, I should have brought you with me when I bought mine......sticker was 41500, i'll have it for around 36000 when its all said and done :chevy:

:withstupid: damn Brad, I should have brought you with me when I bought mine......sticker was 41500, i'll have it for around 36000 when its all said and done :chevy:

LOL..whats bad is I did all the negotiating over the phone and agreed on a price $32k and they called me later and knocked a couple of hundred more off. :ughdance:

The sticker price was 42.8K. They had 4 intimidators on the lot trying to get rid of, so I talked them down to 31K out the door.

u lucky basterd :mad: ... yup it's official :cry: i now hate u Brad... i would've paid to have u come here and negotiate for me when i got mine. ****ing sweet ass deal cough (STEAL)cough for out the door :cheers: cheers to u sir...

-Rob

for what its worth, i paid $28,500 in june of 05 for my 03 SS with 8,000 miles on it. i got them to include a trailer package and they extended the warranty 4years/50,000 miles on top of the factory warranty.

if you can work an extended warranty into the deal, i DEFINITELY recommend it. unless of course, youre going to mod the hell out of it.

30g's is a lot, i paid less than that for my 03 brand new off the showroom floor
Tell me about it but when its a "special edition" they tend to be stingy about pricing.

u lucky basterd :mad: ... yup it's official :cry: i now hate u Brad... i would've paid to have u come here and negotiate for me when i got mine. ****ing sweet ass deal cough (STEAL)cough for out the door :cheers: cheers to u sir...-Rob

LOL :crackup: You ought to go with me TV shopping. You can really knock the $$$ off if you haggle with them. I got $999 off a TV my dad was looking at.

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

Tell me about it but when its a "special edition" they tend to be stingy about pricing.

LOL :crackup: You ought to go with me TV shopping. You can really knock the $$$ off if you haggle with them. I got $999 off a TV my dad was looking at.

i bet when they make the sale they're all happy till u leave and they realize they just got boned by a good hagler... :lol::crackup:

-Rob