Getting Baked

lewis

Alright guys here is the problem, yesterday i got in the truck after work and started it up and the drivers side heated seats came on. Anyways i messed with it some today and if you start the truck with the door open they don't come on but as soon as i shut the door it comes on and if you open the door and close it again the seat goes down a notch each time till its off, then if you do it again the damn thing comes back on again :confused: . Don't mean to rattle on but this is pissing me off and the dealership out here in hawaii is making me fill out all kinds of forms before they will look at it cuz i didn't buy it there. Anybody else have this problem or have any idea what might be wrong? Any help is appreciated.Thanks

Andy

Is it possible that some loose wires inside the doors are touching? It would make sense that every time they touch or separate the truck thinks you are pressing the button, or the switch is broken and it rattles. My mom's Tahoe has never had this problem but they seem prone to odd problems like this. Or perhaps it is that your truck is possessed which would explain your dealerships hesitation to work on it.

If it were me I'd try to take off the door panel and see if anything seems out of place.

Edited by Fast2500Ak (see edit history)

Alright guys here is the problem, yesterday i got in the truck after work and started it up and the drivers side heated seats came on. Anyways i messed with it some today and if you start the truck with the door open they don't come on but as soon as i shut the door it comes on and if you open the door and close it again the seat goes down a notch each time till its off, then if you do it again the damn thing comes back on again :confused: . Don't mean to rattle on but this is pissing me off and the dealership out here in hawaii is making me fill out all kinds of forms before they will look at it cuz i didn't buy it there. Anybody else have this problem or have any idea what might be wrong? Any help is appreciated.Thanks

Andy

i would FIND a better dealer. just because you did not buy it there is :icon_bs: when i moved from NY to CA. all the dealer had to do here was type in my vin and had all the info on my truck..

next, i would just pull the fuse until you can find a good dealer, or what the issue is your self

good luck

:seeya:

I would also call GM cust. assist. (in ur owners manual) and tell them what is going on, and what ur dealer is doing about it (paper work). It may be the control module as well....?

Just curious. Did u have ur SS shipped out to Hawaii, or did u buy it there (or in TX)? :D

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

I would also call GM cust. assist. (in ur owners manual) and tell them what is going on, and what ur dealer is doing about it (paper work). It may be the control module as well....?

Just curious. Did u have ur SS shipped out to Hawaii, or did u buy it there (or in TX)? :D

Actually bought the truck in Renton WA while my boat was in the shipyard and then had it shipped out to hawaii when we were done there.

i would FIND a better dealer. just because you did not buy it there is :icon_bs: when i moved from NY to CA. all the dealer had to do here was type in my vin and had all the info on my truck..

next, i would just pull the fuse until you can find a good dealer, or what the issue is your self

good luck

:seeya:

:withstupid:

:withstupid: You shouldn't have to fill out jack because you didn't buy it there. Just tell them to fix it.

I would check all the wires and such, and take the door panels off, and check there. Also, check the boot between the door and the truck, and make sure everything is in order. Yes, it does sound like a faulty switch and/or wires, guessing inside the door.