Question For The Pros...

sorry if its a repost... i know im not the only one that has this problem with the front end whining. ive heard numerous things like bearing / seals / or as simple as replacing the fluid. my question is does it mean my front end is about to give?? or is it just a thing i can forget. or would it be a good idea to have every thing serviced before it does go out....???

If you have any kind of noise that is not normal, a whine, groan, etc., its best to get it fixed. The noise doesn't necessarily mean the front diff is gonna give out, but its a sign there is a problem. To keep driving it like that will only do more damage over time. Usually a whine like you say is the typical sign of a worn/bad carrier bearing. :chevy:

thanks alot.. do u happen to know how much new berrings are?? and can i do it my self or what??

If you have any kind of noise that is not normal, a whine, groan, etc., its best to get it fixed. The noise doesn't necessarily mean the front diff is gonna give out, but its a sign there is a problem. To keep driving it like that will only do more damage over time. Usually a whine like you say is the typical sign of a worn/bad carrier bearing. :chevy:

since you are hearing noise, that means there is a problem, which is only gonna get worse, not better, i'm not saying repair it right away, but sooner or later that diff will have to be rebuilt, and waiting is only gonna do more damage......when a diff blows up, literaly, it gets messy, we had a van blow a rear at work once, so bad that it blew a hole right through the case :chevy:

03-04 were noted for bad front end parts. bearings and bad cases. how far out of warranty are you. if you have a REAL good dealer maybe they can do something for you..there is a word I'm looking for to describe it, but I'M BRAIN DEAD THIS AM.. :banghead::banghead::banghead: like a one time deal on repairs . if not you can try the local wrecking yards and find a complete front end. but then there is no guarantee that it is not bad also

good luck

:seeya: