Killed A Dodge Cummins Tonight

Vortec MAX

I was Xmas shopping with my wife and we just finished a visit to Sam's Club. We bought so much junk the Fold-a-Cover barely closed over it all. In with all the stuff was 6 bags of rock salt and a shelf thing that weighs 60 lbs easily. I would estimate the total load at 500 to 600 lbs.

Anyway on the way home we pulled up to an intersection in time to see a Dodge Cummins with a HUGE (probably 5 or 6 inch) exhaust pipe racing some compact in front of us. I turned onto that road and stayed behind the Dodge. It took off at the next light racing again and I stepped on the gas and was gaining on him. The car turned off so I moved over and we were side by side at the next light.

When the light turned green I waited till I heard his loud ass exhaust start roaring, then I floored it. I let off about 60 and had about two trucks on him by then. By 60 though, I was not walking away from him anymore. He was holding his own and might have even been gaining if only by inches.

Then I remembered I had all that crap in the back. LOL. I thought we were going to go again at the next light, but he turned off.

Anyway it was fun, but I got hell from the wife. She asked "how old are you?" LOL. I said "I had to do it, you saw how he was driving." Then she said "yeah, he was driving like an ass."

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)

600 pounds in the back you are lucky to still have a tailgate!

;)

Well our supersize box of Tide did fall over and squash the bread. I got hell for that too. The salt was right up against the tailgate so it couldn't shift.

Good kill, some of those Cummins trucks are faster than they have a right to be, we have a very low 10 second Cummins Turbo Diesel at our track, and a handful of 11 and 12 second oil burners too!

Luckily, this wasn't one of those. I was surprised at how well he kept up once we were rolling. I killed him off the line and walked him all the way through first. I jumped a bit when I hit second (probably when the Tide went over :)) but he held his own after that.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
nice kill...all the deisels round here like to blow smoke all over other cars...no real performance just blowin smoke....

I REALLY hate the diesel smoke. That was a major factor in my decision to purchase a gas truck. If you chip your diesel, it will smoke. Some of those A-holes think it's cool. I don't think it's too cool when I'm behind one at a stoplight on my motorcycle and it takes off, leaving a smoke screen behind. Or when they go to pass a car (especially if puling a trailer) on the highway and pour out a cloud so thick it's hard to see through. I think the smoke is annoying, rude, inconsiderate, and dangerous. Not to mention the effect it has on our environment.

I feel VERY strongly that it should be illegal to pour all that smoke out. Do you know that diesel exhaust is a known carcinogen? I hope they outlaw those chipped diesels. Sorry to rant, but the smoke comment set me off.

Just my .02 - I feel better now :)

Mike

I REALLY hate the diesel smoke. That was a major factor in my decision to purchase a gas truck. If you chip your diesel, it will smoke. Some of those A-holes think it's cool. I don't think it's too cool when I'm behind one at a stoplight on my motorcycle and it takes off, leaving a smoke screen behind. Or when they go to pass a car (especially if puling a trailer) on the highway and pour out a cloud so thick it's hard to see through. I think the smoke is annoying, rude, inconsiderate, and dangerous. Not to mention the effect it has on our environment.

I feel VERY strongly that it should be illegal to pour all that smoke out. Do you know that diesel exhaust is a known carcinogen? I hope they outlaw those chipped diesels. Sorry to rant, but the smoke comment set me off.

Just my .02 - I feel better now :)

Mike

my friend just picked up one of those mega cab cummins.. he thought it was the shi*t till he opened his mouth about racing me.. kinda like racing an f150 and his turbo was fully warmed up too.. but those diesels are loaded with so much weight.. and are capabile of some power.

good kill thought with all that weight :jester: