Truck Leans To The Left

1 Fast SS

I agree, the dealer did the correct thing and measured it. Less than 1/2" is acceptable. I guess if it really bothers you THAT MUCH. Then wait until ur warranty is about to run out, fill up ur gas tank and remeasure yourself. If it exceeds the 1/2 mark, then take it back in for a fix.....

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I have never heard of this! Weird cause my '04 doesn't lean, or at least not enough for me to notice....

:withstupid: Yeah, this one surprised me too. I never measured, but I have no noticable lean. Maybe it's better that I don't know. I doubt I could notice a 1/2 inch lean anyway.

This is what I mean about my truck leaning to the left side. I've confirmed that something is really wrong here, and I just don't know what it is yet. Maybe it's a bad leaf spring or shock, but something's wrong. Check out the pics I took.

In this pic, I'll on the flatest part of my driveway

DSC00591.jpg

This one is when my street is even slanting to the right for drainage, and my truck still leans to the left. I'm only o a 1/2 tank of gas too.

DSC00592.jpg

I don't really care what the dealership says, someone has to fix this. I'll go to another dealer if I have to, but there is something wrong. I might even do it myself. All I have to do, is get some 1/2 shims and put them between the frame and the bed from the front of the bed to the back. Hopefully this corrects the problem.

wow that looks like a bent frame..... thats just not normal. if i were u id get my frame measured before i shimed anything. if your frame is straight, id get some belltech leafs and spindles and drop that truck down.... get a better launch, stance, and fix your problem :thumbs:

I didnt c the pics the first time, yea that would bother me, most sss do have a slight lean but not like that man, thats a bit much. I think u need to force the issue at the dealership, I know your pain man, I have a hand full of issues with my truck ofcourse when I first took it they acted like thats the way its supposed to be bla bla bla, just have to keep going over the next persons head. If its a decent dealership they should want to fix it. Worst case might have to just go to another dealership. Nothing makes me madder than having what I think is a top of the line car paying top dollar then having problems and the dealership acts like they dont wont to help. Been there done that. Good luck man. Keep us updated