drclaw5

Hello everyone, finally found a site that can answer some of my questions possibly! Just got my 05 SS earlier this year and love it! Starting to have problems that the dealership cant explain (I do trust them, I know the owner and would not try to screw me) Thanks for everyones help ahead of time!

Thanks! I will def get some pics up as soon as i get home from work! The main problem is my motor just dies! Like when i am coasting up to a stop light the motor starts running really rough and the rpm needle is bouncing off zero and up to about 500 rpms and then if i dont push the gas it dies on me, so i have to throw it in neutral and it starts right back up! The bad thing about it is it doesnt register any error codes in the computer so the dealer cant figure it out! I cannot replicate the problem either, and it does it when the motor is cold and hot, fuel is low or full! so i have no idea what is going on?

Did you get the truck New ? What kind of mods do you have ? It sounds like the PCM is going or something like that ....... Or If there is a tune on the truck that could be F ed up ........ :confused:

no mods at all! bought it in march with 22,000 miles, i even know the previous owner (older guy probably older than my dad) he pulled a boat with it thats about it. :confused:

Be careful about what you say about the older guys! :jester: ...and welcome to the site! :cheers:

try running some seafoam in your next tank of gas......look at your volt meter next time it happens I guarantee that its fluctuating too, really sounds to me like your alternator is faulty :chevy:

welcome to the site :cheers:

what exactly is seafoam? and i will try and look at the volt meter next time hopefully i can remember too! thanks for the welcome everyone! :cheers:

:D

what exactly is seafoam? and i will try and look at the volt meter next time hopefully i can remember too! thanks for the welcome everyone! :cheers:

:D

seafoam is one of the best fuel additives to clean the crud out of your motor....can be found at auto part stores like Advance :chevy:

thats what I would say would be to run some seafoam through it and like mentioned above look at your volt meter next time. also check your filter. Do you ever hammer down on it? I would assume yes but if you dont try that and see how it does. If its studdering maybe bad fuel quality or clogged filter. Something definatly isnt right considering its newish with low miles. let us know