Gauge Choices For A S/c

So I've done some research and it seems like boost, AFR, and fuel pressure are the gauges to get?? I was thinking those three plus an aeroforce too, dose that sound like I would have all my bases covered?

Also this may be stupid but do I need a boost gauge to have vacuum too? I'm not exactly sure what vacuum messures?

I find the boost/vacuum gauge to be better. Think of it as a wider range that you can view. With a supercharger, you are still running a vacuum most of the time. You only see boost when you are really getting on the throttle. One of the things I finde useful with the vacuum side of the scale, is trying to keep the vacuum reading as high as possible when trying to drive for best MPGs. When using the boost side of the scale... well who cares about MPGs then :jester:

I find the boost/vacuum gauge to be better. Think of it as a wider range that you can view. With a supercharger, you are still running a vacuum most of the time. You only see boost when you are really getting on the throttle. One of the things I finde useful with the vacuum side of the scale, is trying to keep the vacuum reading as high as possible when trying to drive for best MPGs. When using the boost side of the scale... well who cares about MPGs then :jester:
:withstupid: A vacuum gauge can give you a pretty good overall condition of your engine, state of tune, ect. It's a good useful gauge to have.

I would ditch the AFR gauage unless it is going to wideband and you are installing the wideband sensors. I find my AFR useless...its just decoration. Fuel pressure is a must, vac/boost gauage, and either the wideband AFR or the aeroforce scan gauge (both can tell you there is an oh shit scenario in your engine). Doesnt the aeroforce have wideband capabilities?

Having a Boost gauge with a vaccum reading on it for any forced induction application is very smart. First off, your engine is an air pump, so no matter what it generates vaccum, your power adder will not start force feeding until you reach equilization or 0 PSI, it is at that point you then begin to boost and your air pump becomes more efficient.

Also, having a vaccum gauge can help diagnose problems with idle, and overall driveability. After having Boost/Vaccum gauges on my two turbo vehicles for years they are a must now.

Now, I do know more S/C people to not have vaccum scale on their gauges than turbo guys. With a turbocharger as you depress the throttle you can watch the vaccum/boost gauge and *see, hear, feel* the boost as it comes on. It also helps with power braked launches as you can memorize the right RPM vs Vaccum vs Sound when you launch and get the best 60' times as possible.

Not trying to hijack this thread but can you guys give me/us some part numbers for gauges and a nice pod? . I'm preparing for my SC install and want to get these ASAP. I'm not sure i've ever seen a 4 gauge pod. thanks in advance BNot trying to hijack this thread but can you guys give me/us some part numbers for gauges and a nice pod? . I'm preparing for my SC install and want to get these ASAP. I'm not sure i've ever seen a 4 gauge pod. thanks in advance B

• 3 weeks later...