Outlaw Complaint

I bought a Outlaw Intake for my 07 NBS VMAX from a private party on EBAY. I recived the sealed box and inspected everything prior to installation. The kit was short one of the four little rubber mounting blocks that the intake sits on. No big deal. I have called Outlaw at least 6 times, only to get a message that none of their phone extensions are good. I have also e-mailed three times requesting info on how I can get the part to complete my install with no reply. Either Outlaw does not give a crap about customer service or they might be out of business.

I have called Outlaw at least 6 times, only to get a message that none of their phone extensions are good. I have also e-mailed three times requesting info on how I can get the part to complete my install with no reply. Either Outlaw does not give a crap about customer service or they might be out of business.

your not the only one. found this on another site. if true, sorry to hear it they made a very good product

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98833

:seeya:

the company was run by two main people originally (david and aaron) but one of them left, and the transition was too tuff i guess. last i heard (two weeks ago or so i think) david was trying to do everything himself and it wasnt working out too well. but like they all said, they were top notch and they were my favorite CAI system :banghead: haha well if anyone wants any i have quite a few in stock lol

the company was run by two main people originally (david and aaron) but one of them left, and the transition was too tuff i guess. last i heard (two weeks ago or so i think) david was trying to do everything himself and it wasnt working out too well. but like they all said, they were top notch and they were my favorite CAI system :banghead: haha well if anyone wants any i have quite a few in stock lol

How much you got them outlaws for? Is it the ones without the big thing off the tube?

Man.... sucks to hear they closed up shop... there were really turning out a nice product. I'd still like to gloat over the fact that I had the very first Outlaw kit installed on an SSS :D You guys can all thank me for allowing them to develop the kit on my truck :cool:

they are the kits without the bladder, yes. i will check tomorrow how many i have

kellyp what is bladder? Is that the black bulb looking thing on the end of the filter? I thought that had the "cyclone" thingy on the inside that helped the airflow or some crap like that....dont know if that would ever actually work though.

kellyp what is bladder? Is that the black bulb looking thing on the end of the filter? I thought that had the "cyclone" thingy on the inside that helped the airflow or some crap like that....dont know if that would ever actually work though.

he probably is referring to the hemoltz resonator, which is the 'tube to nowhere' that is on the side of factory intakes, and some aftermarket ones. Its purpose is to reduce noise, but also to "tune" the airflow so that the intake helps produce extra grunt in the right RPM range. I believe outlaw did away with theirs in the redesigned version.