Torque Management

silverado777

TM is there for a reason. The reason...the engine made too much power to begin with for that old 4L60E so an easy fix is to add a nice little table called TM to the ECM. Course it has other reasons too (shift firmness, line pressure, etc), but in my opinion that is the primary. These guys are right, you can get away with taking a little out, but be careful unless you have some tranny work done.

BTW, what tuner are you using...

Go EFI Live Go! :driving:

TM is there for a reason. The reason...the engine made too much power to begin with for that old 4L60E so an easy fix is to add a nice little table called TM to the ECM. Course it has other reasons too (shift firmness, line pressure, etc), but in my opinion that is the primary. These guys are right, you can get away with taking a little out, but be careful unless you have some tranny work done.

BTW, what tuner are you using...

Go EFI Live Go! :driving:

i'm new here, so please school me... What is the purpose of takeing out 50% of the tm on a bone stock tranny?

i'm new here, so please school me... What is the purpose of takeing out 50% of the tm on a bone stock tranny?

in the words of Tim Allen "more power"...........by eliminating 50% of the TM, you truck will put more power to the ground, TM hinders/dampens peak power......by leaving 50% in you are still leaving much of the safety feature in place to help prolong trans life.........TM was designed to help prolong trans life by dampening engine power, but many questions/concerns have been raised as to its effectiveness :chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)