Looking To Buy An Ss, Any "watchouts!"

jster171

I'm looking for a BLUE 03 or 04 SS. I just need to know if theres a difference in the 2 year models and any "watchouts" for either of these 2 year model trucks. Is one more desirable than the the other etc. I used to have an 04 Lightning which was the last model run and the most desirable. The 99 to 01 Lightnings had less HP and were bad about blowing the sparklugs out of the head once modded. So again, is there a difference in the 03 to 04 SS and anything that I need to watchout for? Thanks in advance!!

The 03 had a return style fuel system. The 04+ have a returnless. The main reason this would be of importance would be for future modding. On most 03's, you would be required to add upgraded fuel injectors and you could use an inline booster pump rather than have to do a complete in-tank fuel pump swap. On 04+ you would be required to upgrade the intank pump for any serious modding like big heads/cam or forced induction. Both years are AWD only. Other than very minor options, they are pretty much the same truck. Obviously, since you want the arrival blue, you are limited to the 03 and 04 years. 05 made AWD an option.

Thanks for the info, I do plan to put a supercharger on it. So, sounds like an 04 would be the easiest and least expensive to supercharge. However, I see that you have an 03 and have it supercharged as well. So I assume its not TO big of a deal to supercharge an 03 other than a little extra mechanical work. Am I thinking correctly?

• 1 month later...