Tire Replacement

It is time for new tires after 30,000 miles with a couple of rotations. Has anyone used General Grabber UHP? I have heard that they may be noisy. I am thinking of plus-sizing to 295/50, instead of stock size 275/55. The overall diameter is about the same (only 0.1 inch difference). Has anyone experienced any tire rub with the plus size?

JCC

• 2 weeks later...
It is time for new tires after 30,000 miles with a couple of rotations. Has anyone used General Grabber UHP? I have heard that they may be noisy. I am thinking of plus-sizing to 295/50, instead of stock size 275/55. The overall diameter is about the same (only 0.1 inch difference). Has anyone experienced any tire rub with the plus size?

JCC

I think that the General in a great tie, but I also like the 305/50.

275/55

sect width 10.83"

sect height 5.95"

Overall Dia. 31.9"

295/50 width 11.61"

sect height 5.81"

Overall Dia. 32.0"

305/50

sect width 12.01"

sect height 6.00"

Overall Dia 32"

03AWDST

Wilson

I have the Genral Grabber Uhp's on my truck and love them. They are great in the rain and will soon find out how good they are in the snow. :jester: Also they are not noisy at all. Plus the tire change from the goodyears to the genrals made the ride better.