A little quality time

Dylan06SS

I spent a grand total of 6.5 hours detailing the truck today :crazy: ! Just me, the SS, the radio, and about every detailing product known to mankind. There isn't a spot on it that wasn't strip washed, clay bar'd, polished, buffed . . . . you get the point. I'd post the pics, but it just wouldn't do it justice. Its cleaner than the day she rolled off the assembly line. :D:chevy::cool:

Sounds like you took your time. It's always better to do something yourself than to have others do it. 6 1/2 hours sounds about right though. It takes time to do things right, but its worth it when your truck comes out looking brand new. I dont even let the dealerships wash my truck anymore. My blazer used to come back with a new scratch in it every time they worked on it. :thumbs:

cold doesn't even begin to describe it...got in my truck last night after a poker game with the buddies...first hard start...first time my SS has sat out in the cold really...everything was frozen...truck started to warm up right as i got on the freeway though...only took about a mile...that was on about 100 octane gas...i added a little xylene this weekend...added about 7 gallons...expensive but really wakes the truck up...going to get cheaper though i ordered a couple of 50 gallon drums - for work use around the shop of course :wtf: ...costs about $3 gallon industial grade...with the supplier discount.. :D

27% xylene?? Wow. It won't make a diff how your truck heats though. In fact, I think the use of xylene is a waste of money to use, unless you are tracing down KR problems or ticking sounds, or possibly going to the track. The stuff is still $9-10 a gallon and your truck will not run much diff on a mostly stock vehicle.

I cleaned the front windshield this weekend..............I'm exhausted. Thinks I'll just get the side windows next weekend.

you didnt' hurt your self did ya :D

hey ben when you going to spend some quality time with yours :jester:

Archived