Foose Cuts Loose From Unique Performance Licensing Deal

SSleepingbeauty

Anyone here about this

http://jalopnik.com/cars/breaking-news/oh-...hing-319267.php

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=123409

Foose Cuts Loose From Unique Performance Licensing Deal

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. — Foose Design, the customizing firm headed by well-known designer Chip Foose, has announced it has cut off its licensing deal with Texas-based Unique Performance, "effective immediately." Unique Performance was raided by police earlier this month on suspicion of "title washing" and use of illegal VINs, with some 61 cars confiscated. Unique Performance's Shelby Mustang production deal with Carroll Shelby was recently severed as well in the wake of the scandal.

Unique Performance has built such vehicles as the Foose Coupe and Foose Mustang Stallion in limited quantities under the deal. Chip Foose issued a statement saying that because of his "special bond with every Foose vehicle owner," he feels "great stress to see this situation occur." The statement says Foose Design is currently considering legal action against Unique Performance.

is this the same unique performance with the short fat guy where they are always driving around bmw's, mercedes, and top end rich cars putting rims, sound systems, and dash ktis in that i see on tv? If it is..... :eek: I thought they made enough money as it was!

No that's Unique Autosports, they have the show on Spped channel "Unique Whips."

I can't believe it took Chip that long to finally act - it is pretty-much an open secret that Unique was having major business issues including the complete pullout of their financial backers earlier this summer like a few months ago, hell those backers at the time just arrived unannounced with car haulers and took everything in inventory at that time and removed it from the shop (after all, they paid to have that inventory built!). Let's just say a few of us have a good idea where the original prototype Unique cars are including the '69 Foose Camaro, they're in a very safe collection and it's not in police impound!

Mr. P. :)

I'd like to add one of them to MY inventory!

What I am about to tell you is heresay, but comes from a very reliable source in fact another member on the forum here - he was afforded the opportunity to review and inspect the collection hands-on, kick tires, open hoods, take pics etc (he showed me his pics) - most of the Unique cars are extremely overpriced for the build quality produced, especially the prototype Foose Camaro. By the time the cars were seized by the owners/investors the morale around the place had fallen to the point where it was obvious in the finished work. :(

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

What I am about to tell you is heresay, but comes from a very reliable source in fact another member on the forum here - he was afforded the opportunity to review and inspect the collection hands-on, kick tires, open hoods, take pics etc (he showed me his pics) - most of the Unique cars are extremely overpriced for the build quality produced, especially the prototype Foose Camaro. By the time the cars were seized by the owners/investors the morale around the place had fallen to the point where it was obvious in the finished work. :(

Mr. P.

:shakehead: