Thinking About Buying This One, Yea Or Nea!

jster171

It does look like the P.O. took good care of her. Are those aftermarket brakes too, or just painted calipers? I never knew the 2003's had the carpet inlay in the top of the door panels either...?

Ya, mine has the carpet inlay on the door panels. I am pretty sure that all 2003's had this and then switched to the fake, ugly vinyl in 04. I prefer the looks of the carpet over the ugly vinyl.

Yes, it is normal and nothing out of the ordinary.

That looks like a pretty good deal on that truck and appears to be in pretty darn good condition. I would say get it. I am not crazy about the stripes but like you said a cowl could fix that (and would look great). I hope you enjoy the truck if and when you get it. :cheers:

Well guys, I just got back from an 8hr round trip drive. The truck was NOT near as clean as it looks in the pix. The painted stripes are very UN-professionally done, the hood pins have rust on them (they're the cheap ones) and the tires are FAR from "brand new" as stated in the description. I didnt even drive it, after looking at it for 45 seconds I knew I didnt want it. Sux ass to say the least. Oh well, I'll keep looking.

Well guys, I just got back from an 8hr round trip drive. The truck was NOT near as clean as it looks in the pix. The painted stripes are very UN-professionally done, the hood pins have rust on them (they're the cheap ones) and the tires are FAR from "brand new" as stated in the description. I didnt even drive it, after looking at it for 45 seconds I knew I didnt want it. Sux ass to say the least. Oh well, I'll keep looking.

Dammit, I was really looking forward to hearing you got it. Did you get your deposit back? Guess this goes to show you that you just can not go by pics you see online of something, must look in person. I cant begin to say how many times this same thing happened to me. It's a bummer. :(

Keep looking, I am sure you will find another one in better shape.

I found another one that I really like and it looks to be even cleaner than the first one. They want $1000 more for it, but it has less miles and hasnt been "painted on". If there is ANYONE in the south Fla area that could maybe go look at it for me, that be GREAT!! It kinda "Takes one to know one" and I think a fellow members REAL LIFE opinion after seeing it in person would be very respectable and useful information. The truck ended on Ebay with no winner, but I have already talked to the saleman about it and its still available. He told me that he could take some more pix in a HIGH resolution and show some angled shots of the front end etc to enhance the condition of this truck. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...hlink:middle:us

Well guys, I was all set to the buy the one mentioned above. I went to my bank yesterday to sign the paperwork, the check was ready to go! Then, they found some discrepancys (sp?) with the damn title. Long story short, the selling dealer has to get this all cleaned up B4 my bank will do the deal, boy was I pissed!! HOWEVER, that turned out to be a blessing is disguise!!! A particular 2004 (one year newer) that I put an offer in on 2 weeks ago called me today!! Its an 04 Arrival Blue, 34K ODO, soft taneo (sp?) cover, bed liner, Cold air kit, dual exhaust that looks factory, meaning, the factory tip is still in place with a matching tip on the drivers side as well with flowmaster mufflers, a "chip" which I acually think its not a CHIP but its a tune with a hand held I would imagine. I'm gonna look behind the seat and in the glove box for a Predator tuner or something of the like. It also has a "Pro Box" under the rear seat. I offered them $22,600 out the door, tax and all about 2 weeks ago and they refused. Today they called and said, "If you're still interested in the truck, we will accept your offer." So, I have to work all weekend on the nite shift and this truck is 241 miles away. I will go pick it up Wed!!! WooHoo! Oh yea, they have the title in hand and its CLEAN, the original owner traded it on a Duramax deisel. So I'll be owner #2.

Well guys, I was all set to the buy the one mentioned above. I went to my bank yesterday to sign the paperwork, the check was ready to go! Then, they found some discrepancys (sp?) with the damn title. Long story short, the selling dealer has to get this all cleaned up B4 my bank will do the deal, boy was I pissed!! HOWEVER, that turned out to be a blessing is disguise!!! A particular 2004 (one year newer) that I put an offer in on 2 weeks ago called me today!! Its an 04 Arrival Blue, 34K ODO, soft taneo (sp?) cover, bed liner, Cold air kit, dual exhaust that looks factory, meaning, the factory tip is still in place with a matching tip on the drivers side as well with flowmaster mufflers, a "chip" which I acually think its not a CHIP but its a tune with a hand held I would imagine. I'm gonna look behind the seat and in the glove box for a Predator tuner or something of the like. It also has a "Pro Box" under the rear seat. I offered them $22,600 out the door, tax and all about 2 weeks ago and they refused. Today they called and said, "If you're still interested in the truck, we will accept your offer." So, I have to work all weekend on the nite shift and this truck is 241 miles away. I will go pick it up Wed!!! WooHoo! Oh yea, they have the title in hand and its CLEAN, the original owner traded it on a Duramax deisel. So I'll be owner #2.
Good deal. :thumbs: You'll like it. Thry're alot of fun.