Kooks Headers

TheGeorgiaKid

Has anyone thought about or has installed a set of #6500 or #6501 Kooks longtube headers for LS1 Camero/Firebird on their SSS? Would they fit? Then doing a custom built exhaust from the collectors back. Was wondering this since Kooks doesn't list a set of LT's for the SS. Also what about the LT's they make for the TBSS & SSR? I thought since these were for applications that were tighter in the engine compartment than the SSS that they might work? Thanks for the input guys.

2wd should fit. i had a set on my truck and im a RCSB 2wd and had no issues with any fitmet just had to built a custom exhaust

Which header did you use? My truck is a 2wd SSS. Are you running cats on your truck? Thanks.

Which header did you use? My truck is a 2wd SSS. Are you running cats on your truck? Thanks.

i ran the full race setup. they were 1 7/8 stepped to 2" with 3.5 collectors. list around 1100. no i didnt run cats. i had dual 3" into an X then two magnapaks then out the side

i ran the full race setup. they were 1 7/8 stepped to 2" with 3.5 collectors. list around 1100. no i didnt run cats. i had dual 3" into an X then two magnapaks then out the side

Any chance I could get a picture or two of your exhaust setup? I'm trying to ge some ideas. Did you run the pipes on each side of the transmission over the crossmember, instead of both on the passenger side like stock? Thanks.

Any chance I could get a picture or two of your exhaust setup? I'm trying to ge some ideas. Did you run the pipes on each side of the transmission over the crossmember, instead of both on the passenger side like stock? Thanks.

dont think i have the pics anymore. i ran the driverside pipe down along the trans and over the xmember and turned at the tailshaft. when it turned it ran into the X then lenght of magnapaks then exited the side of truck in front of rear tire. you might be able to search my name and look for the thread. not sure if i took pics down or not

I didn't find the pics. I did find an old post of yours. You were talking about how the driver side collector was angled towards the frame? How close is the end of the collector from the frame? What about the passenger side, does it do the same or does it run even with the frame? How far is the end of the collector from the trans crossmember? That's the main area I would like to see a picture of, the collector area. Thanks.

Kooks is supposed to work on truck headers at some point. I through they would have them earlier this year but nothing yet.

banner1107a.gif

TBYRNE MOTORSPORTS LLC

ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE

E-MAIL - [email protected]

CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR WEEKLY SPECIALS and PRICE MATCH PLUS POLICY!

INSTALLATION SPECIALS AVAILABLE!

Kooks is supposed to work on truck headers at some point. I through they would have them earlier this year but nothing yet.

Man I hope so, atleast some 1 7/8s. A 2" header with 3.5 collector would be awesome for larger cubed motors and big FI set-ups.

Kooks is located about 10 miles from me........I am gonna call and see if they would be interested in using my truck as a guinnea pig :chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)