Ran Another Ss Today

1 Fast SS

I was on my way home from work today, and came across another SS. I seen him in my rear veiw mirror so I slow down and let him catch up to me. I have been keeping my camera in my truck just in case I get into a race, and I can get the vid of it. Well today was the day to get a video of one. It was a black 04' SS with a hood, nice wheels and an exhaust. That's all I know about it. On the first run, it looks like he was either late off the line or I just beat him, not sure. It's hard to tell from the video over the exhaust blasting away. The second race, I was sleeping at the light and looking at my camera to make sure that I had it focused on the road. He got me good off the line on the second run. I wasn't paying attention to the light and took off late. I have got to do something about my traction. All I do is smoke them off the line, and hate using my TC, cuz it just boggs me down. I even let some air out of my tires to get better traction. The rear tires only have 22lbs. of air, and they still burn'um up. Anyway it was fun to run another SS. Here's video off it. Just click on the vid.

Terry

th_MySSvs04AWDSS.jpg

Nice, would have been better if you had a little longer to run but Gibson doesn't have the best light for that.

Yeah, I know. I was hoping that he would have went up to Horizon Rd. That's a pretty good stretch with no lights, but he turned off. Oh well, it was still fun. It made my day after that, because I was having a bad day today. It's always fun to open up that Corsa at WOT!!

Terry

Awesome vid Terry! :thumbs: You were brake stalling it right? Try launching off idle with the TC off, I guarantee you'll get better bite next time. :chevy:

I thought about that myself after the race. I'll try it next time. I think I've tried before, and it starts rolling and then starts smoking the tires, but not as bad. The AWD does get a good jump off the line. I was thinking about putting a 4:10 in my truck, do you guys think it would smoke the tires even worst, or would it just launch better.

Terry

I thought about that myself after the race. I'll try it next time. I think I've tried before, and it starts rolling and then starts smoking the tires, but not as bad. The AWD does get a good jump off the line. I was thinking about putting a 4:10 in my truck, do you guys think it would smoke the tires even worst, or would it just launch better.

Terry

I think that one of the 2wd drives swapped for 4.10s and if I recall correctly he liked them a lot, but I'm not sure who it was hopefully he'll chime in... but I think with the power adders you have and watching your video you'll just burn them more, especially if you plan to add more. I'd stick with the 3.73s

I plan on doing a cam swap soon, and then my Procharger. But changing gears would help me at the track when I put some DR's on too. It might be down the road before I change the gears, but it will be sooner than I think when I get some new rubber. :lol: When I do change the tires, I'm gonna get some 305's, that some help some with traction.