Volant Intake

ccc_23

Hey guys.... I currently have the K&N FIPK intake on my 03 SSS. I am thinkin about switching to the Volant with the air scoop. Just a few questions...

1.) Where would be the cheapest place to get it? (Volant intake + scoop)

2.) Has anyone done this to their truck yet and how do you like it?

3.) It seems like a lot of ppl think the GMPP Intake is too pricey... thoughts on that? It looks so nice but if its that much more I'd rather do the Volant.

Thanks!!!

Hey guys.... I currently have the K&N FIPK intake on my 03 SSS. I am thinkin about switching to the Volant with the air scoop. Just a few questions...

3.) It seems like a lot of ppl think the GMPP Intake is too pricey... thoughts on that? It looks so nice but if its that much more I'd rather do the Volant.

Thanks!!

http://www.volant.com/DealerLink.asp?ID=13 free shipping cheaper than ebay!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by 2002 ss (see edit history)

Thanks!!!

I love my Volant, I do not have the scoop but I will be making one soon. If you really look at the Volant intake and the GMPP intake side by side they are almost identically the same design-you are only paying for the GMPP fake chrome bling! Thats it. Volant is now offering polished lids on their new intakes for pretty much the same price as before. I guess it all boils down to preference in the end, but I just did not feel I needed the extra bling, and from the consensus here-Volant is one of the best, if not the best. JMHO.

I finally broke down and just purchased the volant with ram air scoop. You guys make me spend way to much money :mad:

heres what I paid

Part Number:

Item: Truck Kits with Box; 03-06 CHEVROLET SILVERADO SS 6 ltr.

Fits:

Qty: 1

Unit Price: $276.75

Price: $ 276.75

Part Number:

Item: RAM Air Scoop; 03-05 CHEVROLET SILVERADO SS 6 ltr.

Fits:

Unit Price: $111.75

Price: $ 111.75

Sub Total: $ 388.50

CA Sales Tax: $0.00

Shipping: $0.00

Total: $388.50

notice the free shipping.. lol woo hooo

I finally broke down and just purchased the volant with ram air scoop. You guys make me spend way to much money :mad:

heres what I paid

Part Number:

Item: Truck Kits with Box; 03-06 CHEVROLET SILVERADO SS 6 ltr.

Fits:

Unit Price: $276.75

Price: $ 276.75

Part Number:

Item: RAM Air Scoop; 03-05 CHEVROLET SILVERADO SS 6 ltr.

Fits:

Unit Price: $111.75

Price: $ 111.75

Sub Total: $ 388.50

CA Sales Tax: $0.00

Shipping: $0.00

Total: $388.50

notice the free shipping.. lol woo hooo

Not bad, cheaper then what i paid, what site did you get if off if you don't mind me asking?

like everyone else i love my volant, and plan on making my own scoop as well.

the only thing i cant see is buying another intake when you already have one?.. if you were upgrading from stock i would definetley suggest the volant (outlaw performs just as good, just not as nice looking) but since you already have the k&n i would stick with that. the most you could gain over the k&n is a few hp if any, so i would spend an extra $100 and get some headers or a tune or.. well you get the point.

now if you just don't like the k&n and it's worth it to you to get rid of it for some reason, then by all means the volant is a great intake. just my .02

Stick with the K&N.....I have the K&N and I love it. Volant makes a great intake too, but you are not really going to gain anything over the K&N, they all basically do the same thing, save your money. As I always say, anything is better then the stock intake, which intake you choose is just a matter of personal preference. :chevy: