The "shark Fin" Antenna - Xm/onstar 2006

what I need to find is info on a roof mount radio antenna. since the antenna delete, I lost AM radio. I know alot of you will say "who listens to AM?" but coming home from work at 7pm, during the summer the Sox are on and right now, the Celts are on. I'm an avid sports fan and listen to sports radio all day at work so it kinda drives me nuts that I can't listen to somethihng.

NAPA and others sell an antenna that mounts inside the vehicle and works pretty well. Keep it near the windshield. If you do that, then you can totally eliminate the cowl antenna set up.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking about buying 2 of these and seeing if I can replace my roof antennas... At least this way they'd be uniform and symmetrical, and I personally think they'd look pretty cool...

Anyone have any info on how these are connected? Not necessarily how they're mounted to the roof, but how they're connected electronically? Would it be a simple swap?

• 3 weeks later...

The best looking mod for this, is I had the plastic shell of mine taken off; wet sanded smooth and painted to match the truck. Now it looks great, and I have had a navigation system installed, and I modded the fin to use and it works better than the puck you have to use elsewise. I would recommend you guys remove your onstar, its scary what they can do without your consent.