good news: my work is part of the gm discount club

enoz

oh you just had to bring that up thanks just kidding

i just found out that my company does the same thing i could have gotten a discount also.

we were just bought out by another company and i did not know. We have been under the new company for about a year. wish i would have k :fume: nown

as a dealer, i am going to give my .02 because we are about an hour from a GM plant. The GM supplier program is a joke, for what you get off of the vehicle, you are better off going and seeing what you can buy one for outright. It is different though if you are GM plant employee or a GM dealership employee, if so then its worth it because you get the better deal, just trying to help you out, because i see people come in everyday huffing and puffing because they have the supplier discount coupon, and as it turns out you can buy one cheeper outright with the rebates, etc....

I "used" the GM Supplier discount when I purchased my SS and thought I got a pretty good deal. When I negotiated my pricing, I worked down to the best deal I could get the dealer to commit to. Then when he gave his "best and final" I mentioned that I get the GM supplier discount. It turned out I actually beat the GMS discount, but the dealer quickly took my GM Supplier discount form and used this when processing the sale. I'm not sure, but I believe the dealer got paid more for the sale using the discount, than they would have without it.

There are good deals to be found on the SS, it kind of depends on the dealership and how well they are doing that month. I'd use your discount, but you don't need to lead your negotiations with the fact that you have it. See what you can do on your own, and keep the supplier discount in your back pocket and use it to make sure you got the best deal you can.

yeah that is a very good idea and thats what i was getting at make the best deal possible and see where you are, then throw in the supplier deal, but dont get too cocky, dealerships dont have to honor the coupon, I have seen people whip out the coupon like they were out to show you something, and i love the look on there faces when my father tells them...ooops I forgot we sold that vehicle, sorry...haha

Archived