Water Leak>>>please Help

SS TowPig

ok i searched this topic on here and found a few things but no answers.....i just noticed this morning as i hit the brakes water came spittin all over me from the roof where the plastic piece covers the extended cab driver door latch....does anyone know how to fix this with out spending a butt load at the dealership?? any help appreciated!! thanks

Cole

05 silverado SS 2wd

not sure if this helps, but I noticed that when we have a moderate to heavy rain here, the water run off from the roof pools on top of the weather stripping in the area mentioned.........I never really had a problem leaking down with the door closed, but if that spot is flooded with water and I open the rear door, splash, it drips down all over the edge of the driver seat :uhoh:

• 10 months later...

check to make sure your wheather strip is in its proper place. you could also try and move the striker in a little to draw the door in tighter to the body. also if you think the front door is the culprit then w/ the door open and the window down put your knee on the inner door frame and pull inward on the top of the door, it bends the top of the door in to seal tighter to the body. if you hear some popping and cracking then your doing it right so dont freak out.

ok this same thing happened again and its only on the driverside....anyone elses doing this?

funny you should ask this...i took alans truck thorugh the carwash yesterday and i got soaked. from the same place you are talkign about...It was the weather stripping!