Questions On Window Tint In Nj

Hankg42

Welcome to NJ! I went to DMV to get the truck registered today. That part went fine. I was told that I had 14 days to get the truck inspected. Since DMV has their own inspection centers, I asked if I could go right over, so I got everything done in one day. They said sure! Then, the inspection center gave me a rejection because of the tint on the front windows. (They are the same darkness as the stock rear door windows.) I was told I'll have to remove it to pass. I have 45 days to go back for re-inspection. I have a couple of questions for anyone who may be familiar with the NJ laws...

Would I have been better off if I went to a privately owned shop for my inspection? Maybe they can cut some slack?

Should I try a private shop for re-inspection before I remove the tint?

Any other suggestions besides taking the tint off, getting inspected, and then getting them tinted again? That would be my last resort.

Thanks.

Well, both links say "NO" for New Jersey in capital letters.

I guess they mean it.

Thanks, Shuan!

I would try a smaller private shop, they might be more lenient. I know the laws and fines are steep...but tint makes our trucks look sooo much better.