Engine Light Came On Today

1 Fast SS

Today my engine light came on for some reason and I don't know why. It's done this one time before, and it was because the Volant air tube came undone from the TB. I've got a custom tune from Frank, and it's still under warranty, but I thought maybe I would check with you guys first. I don't want the dealer to reflash it just yet. I already climbed under the truck and checked the connection of the O2 sensors and they seemed to be fine. The weather here in Vegas has been great lately and in the low 60's, so I don't if that has anything to do with it. I also disconnected the battery for about 3 hours this morning, but the engine light still comes on. It does say anything on the cluster of gauges either, so maybe some of you experts might know whats causing this. All your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Terry

Today my engine light came on for some reason and I don't know why. It's done this one time before, and it was because the Volant air tube came undone from the TB. I've got a custom tune from Frank, and it's still under warranty, but I thought maybe I would check with you guys first. I don't want the dealer to reflash it just yet. I already climbed under the truck and checked the connection of the O2 sensors and they seemed to be fine. The weather here in Vegas has been great lately and in the low 60's, so I don't if that has anything to do with it. I also disconnected the battery for about 3 hours this morning, but the engine light still comes on. It does say anything on the cluster of gauges either, so maybe some of you experts might know whats causing this. All your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Terry

Did you get gas lately? Maybe forgot to tighten your cap 4-5 clicks? As stupid as it sounds, not tightening the gas cap enough will throw a code.

I'll check the gas cap, cuz I did get gas yesterday. Al, I've been screwing around with this home made cut-out for a while now, the band clamp keeps coming loose. Since you mentioned it, I'm wondering if it has done something to one of the O2's, but I haven't done anything to the O2's, those are in front of the cut-out. I've checked all the wiring on them, but it might be something to where I can't see.

I'll check the gas cap, cuz I did get gas yesterday. Al, I've been screwing around with this home made cut-out for a while now, the band clamp keeps coming loose. Since you mentioned it, I'm wondering if it has done something to one of the O2's, but I haven't done anything to the O2's, those are in front of the cut-out. I've checked all the wiring on them, but it might be something to where I can't see.

yeah, i'd say go get it scanned and see exactly what code its is. if the clamp keeps coming loose put a second nut on each end to act as a jam nut...easy fix :thumbs: