Finally Got An Ss!

jster171

I just made it home with my SS, its an 04 Arrival Blue with 35,000 miles on it. It already has flowmasters, CAI, Box under rear seat with 2 10" woolfers, tinted glass, soft bed cover, bed liner and a Superchips tune. Got it for $22,260 out the door. It has a few scratches here and there but nothing thats to aweful bad. Looks like the previous owner went to Home Depot and bought a sheet of plywood and put it in the back with the tailgate up, that kinda stuff. Other than that, I LOVE it!! Now I need some SS floor mats and a Billet bowtie from "shopman". Only odd things I noticed is a wierd clunk in the steering wheel from time to time and some wind noise from the 2 back side glass windows. I'm fixing to search these issues now. Glad to be a new member of this forum, seems to be a great bunch of folks!!

cool man welcome aboard sounds like u got a great deal on an awesome truck. u probably shoulda put this in the new members forum but its ok.... i suggest u get rid of the superchips they suck, get a custom tune or a mailorder from one of the sponsers on here.

oh yeah POST SOME PICS... :D

-Rob

Thanks for the warm welcome guys and I MUST say, you guys have the BEST avatars that I've EVER seen in my life!!!! I see we have something else in common, TITTIES!!! LOL As far as the truck goes, I drove it work this morning and really like it, I'm interested in the "new tune" idea though. It seems to go to 3rd gear way to fast in my opinion, although I love the shifts, nice and quick. But, pulling out into traffic from a 15MPH roll means I have to really dig into the throttle to get it to shift back into 2nd for a quick acceleration. I went to the SUPERCHIPS website to see if the truck most likely has a CHIP or a TUNE from a handheld. I didnt even see a CHIP for the 04 application, so I'm assuming its simply a tune from handheld that can be "erased" or "overwritten" by another tune. What do you guys think?? Help needed on that one. As far as pics go, I havnt even had a chance to wash the SS since I got home from the trip cause I had to work today as well as tomorrow. My plan is to clean it up this weekend and take some pix of it along side of my C6 Lemans blue vette. I think they will compliment each other very well. So stay tuned for them. I done a search for the back window noise and see that a member has posted a "fix" for it. This part I DONT understand. I also have an 04 Silverado LT extended cab with the same exact window arrangement and it has ZERO wind noise?? So, this has my attention for sure. Again, thanks for the warm welcome, yall seem like a great group of folks with the same passion that I have for motorsports!!

hey man, welcome to the site and congrats on the new truck. The window noise is something that a guy can learn to live with, but can be fixed by replacing the rear windows and/or the weather stripping around them. The clunk you speak of is a simple fix if it's your steering shaft. Search in the how to section and you should find a cure for the clunk in there somewhere.

Again, welcome and I look forward to your contributions to the site, as I'm sure that everyone else does as well.

-Cody