Jl Audio 12w6 In Extended Cab

unless you have some master crafter box maker that can give you adequate air space, it is doubtful... just make something like this with 2 JL W3V3's... and match the box to the interior like i did...

box1_sm.jpg

well i already have 2 jl audio 10w3v1 with a 500/1 amp but i want more bump lol i am just trying to figure out how to get my system louder? I don't mind buying new subs but i need them to fit under the back seat

You can try molding a box to the contours of the floor with fiberglass, raise your seat a couple inches, and see if you can make a box with enough airspace. I have also seen a guy that took out the bottom of the rear seat, made a larger box, and put padding along the top to use as a seat. If all else fails make a box in your bed and port it to the cab with 3 12s or 4 10s, those systems can be absolutely earthshaking!!

I have 2 Kicker comp 12 inch CVT's under the rear seat with a 1000 watt fosgate amp pushing them. They are made for tight areas, and they hit really hard IMO and everything fit without sacrificing the back seat. Just my .2 cents.

:withstupid: Upping to 12s will help you get a little more bump out of that smaller space(not to say I haven't heard 10s that outbump 12s) and will fit just as nicely. If you must have large woofers like the w6 then there's no choice but to sacrifice the seat or cut a hole from the bed to the wall of your truck. Just another 2 cents from me. :D

its 120% possible. i have two 12w6's under my seats, have for months. i used to have two 12 infinity kappa subs, which were only 3/4 shallower. i had my buddy make me a fiberglass box. they are downfiring, and they hit HARD. but thats about hte biggest sub made. also, if $$$ isnt too big of an issue- JL makes steathboxes for the ex cab, 12w6 in a ported box. they are sold as left and right pieces, so you can use one or both.

DSC00281.jpg

its 120% possible. i have two 12w6's under my seats, have for months. i used to have two 12 infinity kappa subs, which were only 3/4 shallower. i had my buddy make me a fiberglass box. they are downfiring, and they hit HARD. but thats about hte biggest sub made. also, if $$$ isnt too big of an issue- JL makes steathboxes for the ex cab, 12w6 in a ported box. they are sold as left and right pieces, so you can use one or both.

DSC00281.jpg

I gotta give you props man that is a pretty sweet looking setup you got there. :thumbs:

DSC00281.jpg

ya im gonna have to give you props too. what kind of prince would i be looking at if I had a fiberglass made like you have?

• 2 weeks later...

yea you are right^^^^ a ported box makes some serious noise, but in hard continuos pounding they begin to bottom out because they have a hard time returning before the next movement comes. sealed boxes sound MUCH cleaner, and can be made smaller because they dont require as much air volume.

and thanks guys, i like it too :D . the box is definately the correct volume, this place will not make it unless it is to spec. my box would run about $400 bucks finished.

and BTW- i have had two 13w6's with a 1000/1 in my 2 door cobalt ss s/c....... yes a cobalt LOL. so ANYTHING is possible :lol: its theft-proof too, cause i had to take the back seat out to get the box in :crackup:

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)