What sub enclouser work in the best?

EliteAutoToyz

The JL Audio looks and sounds the best, but it's expensive. The MTX Thunderform enclosure looks good, is half the price of the JL, but you sacrafice some sound quality at higher volumes. Hope that helped. :thumbs:

Here is some pics of my box it's fiberglass and it gets it. I had to put brown bread sound deadener on just about every square inch of my interior and in some spots 3 layers thick to stop the metal from vibrating the roof was the worst the brackets at the top of the rear seat vibrate so bad they hit the window so off they came.

Only one problem these boxes are expensive Approx $400.00

stereo pics

Here is some pics of my box it's fiberglass and it gets it. I had to put brown bread sound deadener on just about every square inch of my interior and in some spots 3 layers thick to stop the metal from vibrating the roof was the worst the brackets at the top of the rear seat vibrate so bad they hit the window so off they came.

stereo pics

Thats one trick set up! :thumbs: I like how you don't really loose any room and they fold up with the seat. How does it sound when it's folded up?

Late- Alex

stereo pics

Thats one trick set up! :thumbs: I like how you don't really loose any room and they fold up with the seat. How does it sound when it's folded up?

Late- Alex

You lose a little deep bass but it has so much you really don't miss it.

• 1 month later...

stereo pics

Is that a custom application? where can I I get one done? Im on the east coast

I just deleted a couple links I had for prefabed boxes. I'm going to build my own, it is quite simple, if you dont have the time, bring your truck to a local car audio shop and ask them if they do it or know someone that does, most often you'll get good service. if you get one made make sure to ask if they use 3/4" MDF(medium density fiberboard) screws(you dont want nails to just fall out) and make sure they/you seal it well with silicon, heres a pretty good link:

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgb.../build_box.html

stereo pics

Is that a custom application? where can I I get one done? Im on the east coast

That box is hand layed fiberglass built by one of my friends who works at a stereo shop. He will build one for anybody that wants one just PM me for more info if you are interested.

if you get one made make sure to ask if they use 3/4" MDF(medium density fiberboard) screws(you dont want nails to just fall out) and make sure they/you seal it well with silicon,

Definitely make sure they use MDF over Particle board. However, most installers use nails and wood glue, not screws and silicone. Trust me, if our 1" thick MDF Kicker Solo-X box hasn't fallen apart yet, it's not going to!

Most car audio shops can make you a custom box for about any size you want. Right now on ebay there are boxes for 10 and 12 inch woofers for about $100. I am having my local audio ahop make me one for two 10's aand a middle amp rack that fits nicely under the seat for about $140.

Archived