Factory Workers?

smoke03

I used to work in a factory. This summer I realized it wasnt worth it anymore. I'm glad I quit...**** em. They're probably lost without me. I was a stocker, orderfiller, back-up shorts clerk, and back up sign-out clerk. They're kevlar gloves sucked...they didn't block the blade. I shouldve been a f'n manager. :M16:

Edited by usabodyguard (see edit history)

Not really in a factory, but I work for a large NY Metro area alarm & security company, started here when I was 15 years old working in the stock room during the summer. I have been here for just about 10 years, now I am the fleet manager, field supervisor/purchasing agent/parts guru, and asst. facilities manager(needless to say my plate is full here). My Dad has been working here for almost 25 years.

11.8 years at GM Hydra-matic in Ypsilanti MI. Repaired transmission assembly line mistakes on transmissions.

12 years as a machinist at Sidley Diamond Tool. Making diamond tipped wheel dressers.

Now I'm working in retail. Managing a small camera store.

I love factory work.

1. Out of Highschool I worked as a maintenance mechanic for M&M Mars for the summer.

2. I worked off and on as a Flex Fill associate during my fresh and soph years in college at M&M Mars, doing everything form melting Cocoa butter to loading trucks with forktrucks to actually coating M&M's.

3. I had to get serious about my edumacation so I took an internship between my Jr - Sr years at MOPAC (beef division) as a QA inspector. I worked on the kill floor ensuring SOP adhearance and later worked on the grind floor prepping beef samples for E-coli 0157:H7 testing. The product I was working on was Wendy's ground beef. They supplied the east coast with the square patties.

4. I got even more serious and landed a Co-Op with M&M Mars as a Cocoa raw material scientist. I was working on a replacement for Brazilian supplied cocoa by basically buying crappy quality beans and altering the mfg. process to yield the same end result flavor components. I personally roasted, winnowed, milled and atrited the cocoa on the manufacturing floor.

5. I landed my first "real" job with Johnson & Johnson (pharmaceuticals) as a Sterile filling Technician working in class 100 clean rooms. I pushed my way through the ranks to Supervisor of Sterile fill and Labeling before leaving. All pharma factory work.

6. I left J&J and worked for Chiron (biopharma) as a contract manufacturing supervisor overseeing a few plants in the U.S. Still did the hands on stuff!

7. left Chiron to work at Pfizer as a Group Leader for Global Manufacturing. Glorified manufacturing manager. In charge of several product lines (manufacturing).

8. Left Pfizer to work for a start-up biptech company as the manager of manufacturing. Since it is a small company, I do it all. From sweeping the floors to conducting an FDA audit. This is my niche.

I only work in a "Factory". Most likely will till the day I retire. :cheers:

I work at a factory/manufractureing facility, where me make plastic sheets for other companies to make their products, some examples would be auto ventshades, and lund bugshields to name a few. 12-hour shifts, and I usually end up bleeding some how by the end of the shift.

I work at a beef packaging plant, Cargill Meat Solutions, I don't know if it's considered a factory, but it sure reminds me of one. In the summer time I work full time, last summer I was working in distribution, loading trailers on a forklift, stacking pallets of meat, etc. I have worked out a part time schedule for the semesters I'm in college to do light work on the weekends, so I still work there. 2 summers ago I was on the production floor. I was packaging meat rather than working with knifes(cutting up cattle) but after that, I think production sucks.

I work for Atomized powder coatings. we make powder for industral powder coating. i do any thing from weighing up the raws ,extruding it in to a solid mass or milling it into the finished powder. its alot of work each mix weighs 550 lbs and we usually run about 15-25 in a 10 hour day.