New From Outside Motor City

redrocker

Hello ss fans!! Picked up my 04 red sss from the gm garage in the D. It has just 8000 miles on her!!! what a find.Had a 01 lighting i just got rid of nice fast truck but do like the awd ss alot better. I saw the mobil 1 oil filler cap on our site but the seller on e-bay has not gotten back with me. Any help out there to purchase one. Also the brakes need to be upgraded, what do you think for a every day driver would be the best bet price wise and the look is also important.My name is jeff and i go by redrocker i can be e-mailed @ [email protected] looking forward to talking to you all on this fun website

Thanks jeff

:withstupid: Congrats on the new truck, and welcome to the forum :thumbs: Brakes on the 03-04 trucks totally suck, I recommend going straight to the Baer Alumasport kit for the front and continue to use the stock disc brakes on the rear; keep an eye out on eBay you can usually pick up a used set in good condition for about $500-ish. Short of that, you can also try using a set of real road race pads, ones that have more initial bite - something like the Carbotech pads is what I'm thinking, I don't think the Hawk pads are agressive enough by themselves; but with replacement pads you are still limited by the factory rotor (doesn't have enough mass & might warp on heavy use) and a pad swap alone will not improve the funky brake pedal feel. Save-up and get the Baers.

Mr. P. :)