Everyone With The Lc-1

Rausche

Okay guys, here goes:

I've got my LC-1 (WB02), ready for install, and I've been reading online about how to use it to replace my Narrow Band 02 (NB02), but I've got 2 questions...

Here's the easy(er) question: It appears as the though the only way to pull it off is to use one of the 2 sets of analog outputs to wire into the PCM, and using a radioshack resistor to fool the truck's ECM into thinking that the NB02's heater is working. The other analog output would go to the gauge. It also looks like the LC-1's outputs are programmed from the factory to be used in this manner. Can anyone confirm this?

And here's the tough(er) question: How does this interfere with the LC-1's ability to plug into the tuning software? Since it has only 2 outputs, would I have to unplug my gauge everytime I went to hook-up my EFILive cable? Are the outputs for the gauge and EFILive even the same? I'm starting to think it might be easier to install the WB02 post-cat so that I'll free up that first set of analog outputs... Anybody have a solution as to how to use the LC-1 with the ECM, gauge, and EFILive (or HPT, etc), at the same time?

it has 2 aux outputs, so the one that plugs into the gauge is seperate if i remember correctly. for example. i have one aux output going to my hpt's and the other is not in use so i could use the other to simulate nb02 if i wanted. using the resistor i guess is the preferred way to go but you could also just tell set the pcm to "SES enabled" and "no error reported" using hpt which will also make the pcm think the 02's are there and working properly, which works for me, although i'm not using my lc-1 to simulate narrowbands.

it has 2 aux outputs, so the one that plugs into the gauge is seperate if i remember correctly. for example. i have one aux output going to my hpt's and the other is not in use so i could use the other to simulate nb02 if i wanted. using the resistor i guess is the preferred way to go but you could also just tell set the pcm to "SES enabled" and "no error reported" using hpt which will also make the pcm think the 02's are there and working properly, which works for me, although i'm not using my lc-1 to simulate narrowbands.

It appears as though I need 3 outputs... 1) Gauge 2) NB02 3) EFILive... Since it only has two, I'm just curious how I can accomplish this...

It appears as though I need 3 outputs... 1) Gauge 2) NB02 3) EFILive... Since it only has two, I'm just curious how I can accomplish this...

no, the output for the gauge is seperate on its own plug so you are good using 1 aux out for nb02 and the other for efi live