Shift Kit Or Not?

I was wanting to get tm removed so I bought a vette servo and a transgo hd2 shift kit. the local trans shop said that they could just put in the servo and boost my line pressure and it would work without the shift kit. should i just have that done or go ahead and get the shift kit put in?

i know boosting line pressure will make it shift harder, but will it make it shift faster? I have decided to have the shift kit installed, but could i have the line pressure boosted in the tran and then have it boosted more in the tune? would it be good or bad?

i know boosting line pressure will make it shift harder, but will it make it shift faster? I have decided to have the shift kit installed, but could i have the line pressure boosted in the tran and then have it boosted more in the tune? would it be good or bad?

Transmissions are a real weak link in these trucks, do the shift kit. I had 50% of my TM removed in my tune as well as increased line pressure, now I am starting to have trans problems. A shift kit and torque converter are comng real soon in my case. :chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

I was wanting to get tm removed so I bought a vette servo and a transgo hd2 shift kit. the local trans shop said that they could just put in the servo and boost my line pressure and it would work without the shift kit. should i just have that done or go ahead and get the shift kit put in?

of course they told you that... theyre a TRANSMISSION SHOP. do you think they want your tranny to last? no. they want it to break so theyll have business.

i have the shift kit, servos, aluminum acc piston, bigger trans cooler, 0 TM and my truck shifts quick and firm.......tire smoking firm......so i say get a shift kit :thumbs:

i have the same setup and 4.56 gears to boot. mine shifts very quick and firm. do the shift kit and forget line pressure.

• 2 weeks later...