Big D tuning Update

sundowner

I am still feeling a little left out. I never got invited to race. Actually that's not true, I raced Allen in his Tahoe. :jester:

I made it back in one piece also. Left Dallas at around 4:30 this morning and made it home by 9:00.

Thanks again for your hospitality Greg and it was great meeting all of you. The only thing that would have made it better is the sunshine that was out today. We could have taken a longer drive and had some more fun.

BSER, you order that shift kit yet??

It was also good that Joe came up with Allen. That man really knows his stuff and it was great to just listen to him talk about engines and transmissions. Joe, I will be seeing you and Allen again soon.

I bet Greg's wife is glad to have her quiet neighborhood back. :rolleyes:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's always great tuning these SS's, sun or rain these trucks just grip and go.

Greg, thanks for hosting the get together, I hope you don't get any neighborhood association letters, lol.

All the trucks there were awesome!!

slimsoftball, I want a rematch lol, this time it has to be over curbs and mud hehehe. Your truck just hauls ass btw.

BSER, very nice truck, get that shift kit , heheh.

thanks guys,

allen

i think in the spring we'll have to arrange some kind of meet a bit more north. :jester:

Who's gonna take on the big challenge to organize the next SS meet? Maybe it will attract enough attention that the press will be there, hehhe. There will definitely have to be a convoy from location to another, that will be a scene.

later,

allen

Sundowner thanks for the great hospitality. You and I are going to have to hook up and find out who has bragging rights for E. Collin county. What's the best looking color, BLUE.

Allen, thanks for the tune it's awesome and the support I will be getting.

It felt great being around all those SS's.

i think in the spring we'll have to arrange some kind of meet a bit more north.  :jester:

Who's gonna take on the big challenge to organize the next SS meet? Maybe it will attract enough attention that the press will be there, hehhe. There will definitely have to be a convoy from location to another, that will be a scene.

later,

allen

i don't know, but i'm certainly going to try to get some wheels rolling on it. i may not have an ss (they haven't made mine yet), but i still am up for a meeting, no doubt. weather will be something to work with as well as location. i also have no idea where i'll be living this summer as i may move for work yet this year.

Who had the 4.8???

Sorry I missed out too. Heck, being local I should have been there. I ws ready for track time, but I wasn't sure about invading your house and neighborhood, especially since I don't need a tune. Oh well, my loss.

On another note, we local SS owners should try and set a track date and meet up. Maybe find some willing ford harleys to match up against.

I could organize something here (Wichita)if there was enough interest. I have a shop with a lift for those who may want those transmission upgrades (assuming we can get Joe to come up, he really knows his stuff) headers, exhaust, fans would be a breeze with the lift.

You guys could buy your add ons, bring them with you and we could install them here and take pics of the whole thing.

Might even get a couple of you guys to bite on a bed liner or a truck lid. :P Maybe even do a roll pan install if we go to production on em.

Just think we wouldn't even have to be out in the rain while we are working. And we could have several ugrades going at once (maybe Allen could do some more tunes).

Also have a track 15 min away that will reopen in the spring.

And the Biggie, my shop is stumbling disance from the down town party scene and a couple of hotels.

I would suggest getting together in conjuction with the Automobilia Midnight Car Show and Street Party on Sat July 10. This is an open air car show that doesn't even open the gates until 7PM and covers most of down town including the party district and is within walking distance of my shop. There are usually several bands playing at once (from country to punk) and at the end of the night there is a cruize that lasts for blocks with huge smokey burn outs by the dozen. The local police don't even rag you much if you keep your vehicle under control (they do jump hard on the dagerous ones though). Last year there were over 1000 vehicles from all over the country.

It would be cool to have a whole street lined up with nothing but SS's.

Let me know what you think :cheers:

I could organize something here (Wichita)if there was enough interest.  I have a shop with a lift for those who may want those transmission upgrades (assuming we can get Joe to come up, he really knows his stuff) headers, exhaust, fans would be a breeze with the lift.

You guys could buy your add ons, bring them with you and we could install them here and take pics of the whole thing.

Might even get a couple of you guys to bite on a bed liner or a truck lid. :P  Maybe even do a roll pan install if we go to production on em.

Just think we wouldn't even have to be out in the rain while we are working.  And we could have several ugrades going at once (maybe Allen could do some more tunes).

Also have a track 15 min away that will reopen in the spring. 

And the Biggie, my shop is stumbling disance from the down town party scene and a couple of hotels.

I would suggest getting together in conjuction with the Automobilia Midnight Car Show and Street Party on Sat July 10.  This is an open air car show that doesn't even open the gates until 7PM and covers most of down town including the party district and is within walking distance of my shop.  There are usually several bands playing at once (from country to punk) and at the end of the night there is a cruize that lasts for blocks with huge smokey burn outs by the dozen.  The local police don't even rag you much if you keep your vehicle under control (they do jump hard on the dagerous ones though).  Last year there were over 1000 vehicles from all over the country.

It would be cool to have a whole street lined up with nothing but SS's.

Let me know what you think :cheers:

That sound cool to me if enough SS'ers showed up. I was out of town for the Dallas event. Too bad I live in Midlothian and it was only about an hour or so away.

I could organize something here (Wichita)...

Looks like you just nominated yourself, lol. Thanks BSER.

I'll definitely be at any SS gathering and I know Joe would be there as well.

I know everyone is interested, get things together and post a date, the sooner the better, I'm sure lots will attend.

4.8L: I told you guys not to mess with that lil' 4.8L, lol. hahahha. That was Steve from the other fourms, he has a few mods: cam, stall, tune, normal bolt ons, but it just runs strong.

see ya soon,

allen

Hey Guys,

I am working on next event already. My thought is to plan about a year out or less and get about 75-200 trucks and rent Texas Motor Speedway. I have found out that we can rent Oval for about 7000 per day or road course for about 4000 per day. this includes emergency crews and vendors will be open for us. we can bring coolers/food also. I will have final info and start new thread to get input on interest.

BTW...enjoyed having ya'll and your welcome. :cool:

Archived