Killed By Titan

Blaker888

Ok welll it was a good night well its started that way I went out to eat with the girl and some friends! Thank Mr.P and VHO6.0 for driven down again! Anyway well I was on the way home and I came to a light wasnt really payin that much attention to what was next to me. So the light turns green and I see this blacked out 4 door titan with orange letters on the lower part of the rear window no idea what its said so weird writing anyway I speed up and get next to him we are doin about 40 to 45 and he hits and then I hit nothin it just slugs into some kind of acceleration. So he pulls by like three or four trucks and we slow down so I turn the bottle on and we slow down again I here him drop it down in gear and we jump at each other about once our twice and then we just both hit it. he once again got a head start and pulls like crazy my truck didnt do anything just that sluggish acceleration well after Ive been beat twice Im on the way home I punch and it takes off like it was suppost too! Makes me furious Ive never lost to a titan! I wish I could find him again! no purge valve now, but coming real soon, so i had a little air in the lines but when the spray hit i was catching up but by then he was too far ahead. WE WILL MEET AGAIN!!!!!! :P

P.s. Never say never! My words before I raced him!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you have the 5.3L? i remember when i raced a titan with just full exhaust and i stomped on him. we went from a about a 20mph roll and i just keeped pulling. ended up with about 2 trucks on the basted,

Its a VHO w/the 6.0

It felt like it just didnt want to drop down in gear! It made me mad because I have raced one before and pulled hard! I just dont think I gave the truck long enough to drop to first when went we went to a roll because it didnt feel like itnomally does when it accelerates. the wife was fightin with me about some malibu that 20s if it was a DONK or not so I was tryin to block her out and race LOL! So I dont think I was very concentrated on what I was doin or what the truck was doin I still feel that I shpould have taken him Im goin huntin this Saturday night!

If he beat you by 3 or 4 trucks, then he had some mods on his truck. I've never had any problems with any Titans either, even when I was stock. I know the last one I raced, we started off from about 43mph. He got a truck on me from the jump, and it took me awhile before I passed him. The second race, we started at 15 mph, and just smoked him by 8-9 trucks. They have a 5 speed tranny and axle set up, that's kick ass. They also have the "Big tow package" as well. If you see the ones with the big side mirrors, like an F-250, then it has the big tow package. I wish GM would have done this. Also, our trucks really suck big time between 40-50 mph for downshifting as theirs or like the new Tundra's can get the jump on you at those speeds. It's like being in no-mans land. You just can't get it going. Try another one from a different launch, and see what happens. :thumbs:

Terry