Finished My Dynatech Install

KissMySilvSS

you WILL need to jack the truck up HIGH to make enough room to work

Well, that leaves my garage out, it has low headroom. I can only get it up about a foot.

Thanks holty.

I plan on taking a lot of pictures and maybe we can do a "how-to" page. Even though my truck is not an SS, the system I am installing is the SS system and the trucks are almost identical except for some suspension differences. So my "how-to" should still be helpful.

Mike

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that leaves my garage out, it has low headroom. I can only get it up about a foot.

Thanks holty.

I plan on taking a lot of pictures and maybe we can do a "how-to" page. Even though my truck is not an SS, the system I am installing is the SS system and the trucks are almost identical except for some suspension differences. So my "how-to" should still be helpful.

Mike

:thumbs: Good luck with the install!

Teddy

im lookin into long tubes myself but i cant seem to find a company that makes them without the egr hook up on the passenger side header. i think it looks tacky if you dont have provisions for it in the truck. Im just lookin for just headers cause im going catless. and custom making my own pipes from the headers to the exsisting exhaust i have. looks good man hope it sound killer when in the loud pedal!

im lookin into long tubes myself but i cant seem to find a company that makes them without the egr hook up on the passenger side header. i think it looks tacky if you dont have provisions for it in the truck.

Just cut it off and weld or plug the hole if you don't like it. Problem solved. :cheers:

Edited by JF-03-SS (see edit history)

im lookin into long tubes myself but i cant seem to find a company that makes them without the egr hook up on the passenger side header. i think it looks tacky if you dont have provisions for it in the truck. Im just lookin for just headers cause im going catless. and custom making my own pipes from the headers to the exsisting exhaust i have. looks good man hope it sound killer when in the loud pedal!
I'm not sure if there is a set out there that are without the EGR hook-up. Maybe others will chime in. I know that Dynatech, OBX, Pacesetter and Hooker all have the hook-ups. The only others I can think of that have headers for the 6.0L (although not SSS specific) are Arizona Speed and Marine Long Tubes (not sure about EGR hook-up), Stainless Works Long Tubes (SSR application listed), or you could have Kooks Headers custom make you a set of Long Tubes, I know they custom make headers, I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard...they already have an SSR application listed on their site. Hope this helps!Good luck with the search! :thumbs: Teddy :chevy:
Just cut it off and weld or plug the hole if you don't like it. Problem solved. :cheers:
True...LOL :D

i thought of having a fab shop cut the egr tube off and weld in a plug smooth it out so it dosend look likes its ever been there but thats more money and if there was a company that made they way i wanted that i missed then id get them. but i have done quite a but of research on them but havent found what im looking for. i like the hooker super comps but then again theres that egr hook up. if o dont end up going long tubes then ill be getting the slp shortys

Please Please do yourself a favor and don't get shorty's. They produce little to no performance gains. They just make your ride sound better, thats all.

If I were you, and you are serious about getting some headers fabbed, I would contact Kooks Custom Headers. They custom make headers for a variety of different applications and since they already mass produce headers for the SSR, custom making a set for your SSS will be a snap for them.

www.kookscustomheaders.com

Teddy

Please Please do yourself a favor and don't get shorty's. They produce little to no performance gains. They just make your ride sound better, thats all.

If I were you, and you are serious about getting some headers fabbed, I would contact Kooks Custom Headers. They custom make headers for a variety of different applications and since they already mass produce headers for the SSR, custom making a set for your SSS will be a snap for them.

www.kookscustomheaders.com

Teddy

just email'd them, thanks for the heads up ill tune you into what they want for a set.

just email'd them, thanks for the heads up ill tune you into what they want for a set.

Good luck with them.....Kooks is located 10 miles from me, and I tried getting them to use my truck as a guinnea pig to develop headers for these trucks. I was told that they weren't interested in the full size GM pickup market. :ughdance:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)