03 Ss Running Bad, Help!

bosshog

2 hours ago I was driving in the rain, all of a sudden truck runs like junk. My SS keeps shuttering when i gas, hesitating like wants to stall, very sluggish, smells like gas, and rough idle. In the past 4 months I've had this problem a total of now 3 times, at first O2 sensor was toughing tranny, was blowing black smoke and every symptom i wrote above, I thought that fixed problem but everytime i hit a hill i felt a slight shutter still but then went away, then a month half after it rains happens again the whole day from freeway to streets. Next day stops raining and whatever the problem was went away, I checked under truck for wires touching again but nothing. Another month and a half or 2 go by it rains, all of a sudden happens again all the symptoms stated above. I don't know what it is I'm so frustrated and mad. I heard it could be the bad O2 sensor, running rich, and or the knock sensor? Has any1 else had this problem before I need help Please.

Joe

Sounds like you may have cracked or faulty spark plug wires, that are being effected when they get wet causing a misfire condition.........the raw fuel you smell is being pumped out of intermittently dead cylinders. It is also possible that there are other electrical connections that are getting wet. Do you have an intake? The volant scoop(if you have it) could be forcing water into your intake box as well............these are just food for thought. :chevy:

Ok so this morning I check the air filter, completely dirty right, so I go to napa and get air filter gold nice and cheap to check if good. Truck runs better I feel and hear. But stopped raining for now so I can't get a true test out of it. I talked to a coupler of guys and they were telling me I should get a short ram intake, cause they thinking every puttel I hit water jumps up and get filter wet. On top of that I see water drying on bottom of air filter but of course was better in drizzle this morning than rain last night. I'll keep every1 that has helped informed. I hope I don' have to spend $$$ for a air intake.

1st: If you have any water inside your air box, Fair Bet, that is the problem. (Should be ZERO water inside.)

2nd: You stated to me that you had a VOLANT cold air box., there are two styles, one with the ram air tube. the other has no ram air tube. (you need to check under your air box for a black plastic tube running to the bottom of your bumper) If you have that tube, that is the "Ram Air Tube"

"Ram Air Tube" + "Rain" = "Wet Filter", (chocking your motor, causing above conditions.)

3rd: If you have it, see what the "VOLANT guys are doing to remedy that problem".

Hope that helps,

~Danny

I would agree with everyone else that your filter is getting wet and causing that problem. If your gonna change intakes I would get something like a KN or AEM brute force which is what i have and I have driving through some very deep puddles with it, one day I was out playing around and when I got home I just checked curiously under the hood to see if it got anywhere near the intake and it didnt touch the intake. Hopefully you get it figured out