Headers

jasmien2008

Hey guys I'm thinking of getting some headers for the SS what kind do you guys recommend? Also when I bought the truck it came with dual exhaust (F**K'in Loud) can you guys help identify what brand they are? and would I have to do any kind of modification when I install the headers?

Thanks,

Daniel

I just installed Dynatech LT's on my SSS. Here is a link to my thread with a picture and a sound clip. The catback is a Corsa Sport. IMO, Dynatech's are the best headers available, they are complete bolt-on with not other modifications needed. If you are going to get headers, I wouldn't waste your time with shorty's, they offer little to no performance gains. LT's like I have are the only way to go, IMO.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...t=0&start=0

for a direct bolt up. dyna's are the way to go plus i think they are C.A.R.B. legal too.

there are not CARB. :banghead: the best you can do in CA is shorty's or mids. any time the cats are relocated anywhere beside stock location, and do not carry a CARB cert. then you'll get nailed at inspection time, or spot checked on the road...

:seeya:

Cali does kill pretty much anything that moves the cats. They also rape manufactures when they go to submit the product for carb testing, that’s one reason why allot of the header companies don’t even bother, they get bent over plain and simple. its kinda like the safe handgun list in Cali, its not about being say, its about extorting the money from the manufacture when they have the weapons tested. I was on the hunt for headers, but gave up as I don’t want to risk getting popped for long tubes at a random inspection *yes, they do happen*

Only way to really change it is to push for legislation that would only measure at the tailpipe, if its clean fine, doesn’t matter how it got that way. But that’s not how it is here in Cali, fines and inspections are revenue. Since when has this state ever made an honest buck? naw, they just fine and tax the bjeasus outa ya lol.

*rant off*

Edited by Badkarma (see edit history)

I just installed Dynatech LT's on my SSS. Here is a link to my thread with a picture and a sound clip. The catback is a Corsa Sport. IMO, Dynatech's are the best headers available, they are complete bolt-on with not other modifications needed. If you are going to get headers, I wouldn't waste your time with shorty's, they offer little to no performance gains. LT's like I have are the only way to go, IMO.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...t=0&start=0

:withstupid: I couldn't have said it better. I'm a firm believer you get what you pay for. I like the fact they are a true bolt-on and with the Corsa Sport they rock. :cheers: