Car Seat In The Back

06daytona

Yep, yep. I have a Graco seat, I don't remember the exact model, but its base is a little smaller and it fits perfectly on our x-cab back seat. Note that the LATCH system is also in place in our back seats. I'll post a pic in a bit. My kid loves saying, "Faster daddy, faster!"

Like everbody else said they fit fine, but the one thing I would suggest that nobody else did but (zaxss) is doing is put a towel down in the seat under the car seat. The car seat (feet) bottom is hard on your seat if you pull it down tight as I had a couple of indentation in my seat one time I didnt put a towel under it and they take along to come out of the seat. Hope that makes sense.

I take my neice AND nephew, and I can gurantee that TWO seats fit. However you will be a bit cramped Driver and passenger have to move the seat up a bit and bring up the recliner. They are 4 and 2 1/2 (respectively) and they have no problems with it.

And yeah the towel idea is something I put in use every time.

i don't have kids myself, but a safety concern i have for everyone placing their child seats facing forwards. but, child seats are supposed to be facing towards the rear up against a seat, not in the middle where there is no support for the seat.. in case of a collision it supports the neck and head from lunging forward.

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm fairly certain that is the correct way to place a child restraining seat.

Times have sure changed. When I was a toddler i got to ride on the center console of our car and ride in my dads lap and steer back then if you werent allowed to do that they thought of you as a mean parent..lol I believe they even made a lap belt that worked fr me in the cneter as well.

+1 on the towel idea. I cut a piece of shelving board, put towel around, to help distribute the weight, and that allowed me to really cinch it down for a secure seat for my boy. We did the rear facing until he was big enough and then switched him around. We always like the middle because it is a little more security for those side impacts.

Edited by Big O (see edit history)