Helper Bags

454MATT

Just like it says, i'm looking at putting a set of helper bags on the rear of my SS. It is lowered 3.5 inches and i'm running a 305/40/R22 Tire. I was looking at the Belltech PN 5097, is this the correct number and is anyone running this model? Or my backup was the firestone bag. Is there any rubbing issues expected?

Thanx

454Matt

i take it that you tow? look i have a AIR LIFT kit that was taken off of a 66 chevy truck and im trying to sell it. the kit comes with (2) 5,000lb bags, air lines, compressor, guage, all the hardware. i was asking $200 plus shipping. LMK.

I wouldnt do it with it lowered. I had the firestone sport rite kit on mine (it was there when I bought it), and it bottomed out all the time cause of the bags, its hard to explain but when the frame is so close to the alxe where the brackets mount its like they are completely smashed down all the time. Oh yeah this was after I lowered it 4" in the back, it was fine when it was stock height. Maybe you can custom mount the upper brackets so they arent so low but I dont really remember cause its been a while. I sold my whole kit with the compressor on ebay for like $250 or something so look around for a deal if you decide to get em. I might have some pics still Ill look when I get home

I wouldnt do it with it lowered. I had the firestone sport rite kit on mine (it was there when I bought it), and it bottomed out all the time cause of the bags, its hard to explain but when the frame is so close to the alxe where the brackets mount its like they are completely smashed down all the time. Oh yeah this was after I lowered it 4" in the back, it was fine when it was stock height. Maybe you can custom mount the upper brackets so they arent so low but I dont really remember cause its been a while. I sold my whole kit with the compressor on ebay for like $250 or something so look around for a deal if you decide to get em. I might have some pics still Ill look when I get home

I bought it and could only use the compressor. My truck is lowered and I went with this.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...mp;autoview=sku

I love it easy to put and and with the compressor it is ssooooooo nice to have on board air when towing my trailer. My truck rides a lot better than it did.

I still have the non lowered bags and brackets. Only thing needed is a t fitting and I would use new mounting bolts since They took some abuse from me putting them on and off several times. I would sell it for 100.00 + shipping. Don't want to post it till I get time to replace the t fitting and bolts to make it a complete kit.

Edited by zeake (see edit history)