Flat Tire

chevygal

I went out to my truck this morning to go to work and the rear passenger side tire was completely flat. It's in my garage so I was wondering, can I use a can of Fix-A-Flat to inflate it? Can we use that on our size tires? There's a Town Fair Tire about five miles from me but I'm a little nervous that it will blow out while I'm driving there. Or should I just call someone to come and change it. Not sure if I called Onstar, if they'll send someone even though it's in my house.

Since my 17" spare won't fit over the Baer brakes that I put on, I bought 2 cans of fix-a-flat for emergencies. I thought it might take more than one to fill the tire to a driveable pressure. But I haven't had to try it yet. Good luck.

Since my 17" spare won't fit over the Baer brakes that I put on, I bought 2 cans of fix-a-flat for emergencies. I thought it might take more than one to fill the tire to a driveable pressure. But I haven't had to try it yet. Good luck.

FIX A FLAT EATS AWAY WITH CHROME JUST TO LET YOU KNOW :thumbs:

I don't know yet. I didn't have a chance to look because I was already running late for work. I'll look at it tonight. I'm anxious to see if it's just a small puncture or a slice though it drove home fine yesterday so I'm thinking it's a puncture/slow leak. If it has been a slice, I'd probably have noticed it long before I got home. I know I didn't run over anything.

yeah fix a flat ruins the tire pressure sensors. And if youre a tire guy you hate that shit cause it smells like ass, you have to clean it out then got all the water out of the tire and if you get it in your eyes you go blind Ive heard so I hate that crap. Just cause youre a girl doesnt mean its impossible for you to change a tire ya know, but if you can get a guy to come do then good for you :thumbs:

Just air it up first, my tires (all of them) lose PSI over time, i got to air them up about every two weeks, though, i get lazy when it's single digits outside. I've had my tires down to 10 PSI, and didn't even notice it, not by driving or just "glancing" at them. Only time I feel a difference is when one drops significantly lower then the others.

Point is, check the other tires as well.