Gm Letter Re 2003 Instrument Panel Needles May Stick Flutter Or Become

kude

I recently received from GM a letter regarding the 2003 Silverado saying the instrument panel needles may stick flutter or become inoperative.

GM is offering an extension to 7 years or 70,000 of the warranty covering this.

I was driving the truck Friday nite, and I noticed all my gauges weren't working. Now this could be the fauult of my battery failing or the cold weather. I replaced the battery with a red top, but was wondering if anyone else has had the instrument cluster act this way?

Included in the letter is a claim form in case work has been done to fix this issue before.

I recently received from GM a letter regarding the 2003 Silverado saying the instrument panel needles may stick flutter or become inoperative.

I was driving the truck Friday nite, and I noticed all my gauges weren't working. Now this could be the fauult of my battery failing or the cold weather. I replaced the battery with a red top, but was wondering if anyone else has had the instrument cluster act this way?

Included in the letter is a claim form in case work has been done to fix this issue before.

I have a 2003 and mine have stopped worked a few times in cold weather.

Regards,

Dan

Do you have a recall number or any specific details you can quote from the letter?

Regards,

Dan

My clusters were not working as well...I just noticed over the last couple days...The clusters dont work when i first start up the truck, however, they will begin to work when it seems the truck is fully warmed up..I dunno if my clusters are bad or not..but I scheduled an appointment to get them checked..The dealership told me that it will not cost anything even to run the diagnostics to see if they are faulty....

How do they reset the miles so your mileage shows accurately? Also, they dont have to mess with the PCM do they? I would be pissed if they messed with my tune...

I noticed the other night that my gauges wouldnt work when I started up the truck. I shut everything off and opened the door to kill the power to the accesories. Turned the truck back on and everything worked properly. Also, one night when I was coming home, my speedo needle stuck...I felt like I was going 30-35mph but it said I was going like 55....there was no way...when I got home and pulled into my driveway, it said I was still going 20mph when I was actually sitting still.

Same story. I received the letter last week, and after 119,000 mi, my speedo magically shows an increase of 39mph when stopped or driving. Called the dealership and they said it's about $500 to fix and two days in the shop since they have to ship the cluster off for repair/replacement.

Anyone here know of a way to fix this ourselves? (without buying aftermarket)