Lamborginhi Doors Silverado Ss?

I'm not a fan of lambo doors but if you really need to have them,stylin concepts offers a 100% bolt on kit for abot $1300,The only reason I know is becuase they send me a catalog every month and they are always in there!!

That all "bolt on" kit is a POS... if you ever see a full size vehicle with one in person you'll know why... the door, nor the points it mounts too were never intended to support that kind of weight moving in that direction. I've seen warped door sills, paint rubbed off of edges around gaps, water leaking from seals that no longer align, and all manner of problems arising from these so called "bolt on" kits.

To do a TRUE vertical door conversion it takes fabrication and some engineering... the cost of which, if done properly, could easily exceed $3000 on a truck.

Either way its a tired fad... jumped on like clear tail lights or spinners... any **** thinks they NEED to do this mod to fit into a custom crowd. Being custom has never been about doing what everyone else does.

You really wanna stand out at a show? Do suicide doors... thats fast becoming a lost artform especially on late model show trucks b/c so many idiots feel compelled to do vert. doors. : :(

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That all "bolt on" kit is a POS... if you ever see a full size vehicle with one in person you'll know why... the door, nor the points it mounts too were never intended to support that kind of weight moving in that direction. I've seen warped door sills, paint rubbed off of edges around gaps, water leaking from seals that no longer align, and all manner of problems arising from these so called "bolt on" kits.

To do a TRUE vertical door conversion it takes fabrication and some engineering... the cost of which, if done properly, could easily exceed $3000 on a truck.

Either way its a tired fad... jumped on like clear tail lights or spinners... any **** thinks they NEED to do this mod to fit into a custom crowd. Being custom has never been about doing what everyone else does.

You really wanna stand out at a show? Do suicide doors... thats fast becoming a lost artform especially on late model show trucks b/c so many idiots feel compelled to do vert. doors. : :(

:withstupid:

• 2 weeks later...

:withstupid::withstupid::nono::nono::puke::rant::idiot: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dont do it and heres my list of reasons

1. yo yo yo yo gansta enough said

2. they leak water and air

3. they fall off it happened to my buddy on LS1truck.con Lamborado

4 For the price of the kit and istall your lookin at 2900 for the nice kit

5. If you park in a garage they will hit the ceiling

6 If you are tall or stocky or fat or what ever the hell it is very incomfortable to get in your truck

7. Even lamborghini stop doing it because it used to be a signature for them now its so played out they stopped

8. you could spend that money on horse power

9. and my final reason see number one

• 1 month later...